Half door panel replacements - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Half door panel replacements

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits

Unread 06-18-2012, 07:08 PM   #16
crackedcornish
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtillery34 View Post
Today's abs has came along way! Lighter, stronger, uv protected etc. They are thinner but stronger and nicer looking. I bought them 4 yrs ago and still look good even with my teenage nephew driving the jeep now!
thanks for the info...may have to look into these again as my stockers are definitely showing their age

Orange Jeep Club #88

˙ɹǝʌo ɹǝʇndɯoɔ ɹnoʎ dılɟ sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı
crackedcornish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2012, 07:08 PM   #17
rgb66

1994 YJ Wrangler 

I have them on my spare doors. They are a lot better than the original panels that were on the doors when I got them. The little arm rest get almost as hot as the metal on the door (almost but not quite)

The only issue I found was that they are thinner than the original but it only shows up on the bezel around the door release handle. I made a plastic spacer to go between the panel and the bezel and now no one can tell the difference.
rgb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2012, 07:27 PM   #18
VACJ7
Hockey Rules!

1984 CJ7 

Thanks guys! As a side note, I don't think I would buy them at the link I originally posted. Appears HotJeepParts.com does not have a great track record with customer service. I would probably find them elsewhere. I know Quadratec has them for 6.00 more.
Unread 06-18-2012, 07:42 PM   #19
crackedcornish
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VACJ7 View Post
Thanks guys! As a side note, I don't think I would buy them at the link I originally posted. Appears HotJeepParts.com does not have a great track record with customer service. I would probably find them elsewhere. I know Quadratec has them for 6.00 more.
as usual, I will shop around, but if I can't find them substantially cheaper someplace else I will order a pair from Quadratec, since their price is usually pretty competitive and their CS is top notch...very easy to return an item if you want/have to
Orange Jeep Club #88

˙ɹǝʌo ɹǝʇndɯoɔ ɹnoʎ dılɟ sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı
crackedcornish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2012, 08:30 PM   #20
gunshw301
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Might want to call them, they might price match to get the sale. I have always had good luck with quadratec, however this year shipping and out of stock waits have been the norm. Still waiting on a part from a few weeks ago to arrive. They were up front about the waits which i was fine with so no complaining. Been billed so I am expecting soon!!

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
F/S Dana 35, 4:10, open make an offer, local pick up only, will not ship. 3-8-13

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-94-b-g-yj-1034888/"]My 1994 yj build page[/URL]
gunshw301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2012, 08:43 PM   #21
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

That's certainly not a bad price for two panels. Might see if you can find them on eBay too. I bought the same panels they've got at the bottom of the ad for the full doors, they list those at $69 each and I got both mine for less than $60 shipped on eBay.

BTW, Gauge Works is also the company that makes the center pods for Autometer gauges etc...
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2012, 11:18 AM   #22
ThreeHeadedYJ
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I am very curious about these. I recently went from a spice top to a black top and want to change all my interior to black as well.
Planned on painting the doors and dash and such, but then i saw these and like they way they look.
Only problem i feel would be the arm rest and the map pouch. I like both of these features but i am thinking that me being 6'2" these things would get in my way...
From the picture it looks like the panels are more flush with the door than OEM but i cant tell.
Would love some feedback on the amount of wiggle room these panels give/take
Thanks!
Full Metalcloak. Poison Spyder Trailgate & Rear Bumper. Custom Front Bumper. 3.5" Black Diamond. 35" Mtz. KC lights. Delta Headlights. Corbeau. Supper 44 Flowmaster Diamond plate. Savvy Tail lights. Superbrightleds.com. 8.8. 95 Booster w/ 1-1/8" MC
ThreeHeadedYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2012, 11:52 AM   #23
mrdeath2000
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Tape some cardboard to your current ones and see if they interfere with your spacing. I too am 6'2" and would be concerned.

$60-100 sounds great and extra little pockets are always nice in the jeep. Although I'm sure you could always bend up some aluminum and self-tapping screw it into the original if they're not in bad shape.

I'm saving this ad incase I need some in the future. Solid find.
Unread 01-26-2013, 02:04 PM   #24
jbrown73
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I purchased these exact panels last week and attempted to install them only to find out that the interior door handle cut-out looks as though it is for the door handle with lock. My '89 YJ does not have the interior handle lock and am now trying to figure out where to get new interior panels for the 1/2 door w/o the lock that will work with my factory interior door handles. The panels line up over the factory holes fine, but the door handle will fit straight through the panel and also sticks out further than the panel due to the mounting flange that the handle is screwed to. Any suggestions? I'll take a pic and post a little later for clarity.
jbrown73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2013, 02:19 PM   #25
jbrown73
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Here are the pics....looking for help.
door-handle-1.jpg   door-handle-2.jpg  
Unread 01-26-2013, 02:33 PM   #26
Sparrows
It's coming...

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Make an ABS spacer/washer. Find a commercial plastic supply place in your area. They should sell sheets of ABS in a myriad of thicknesses there. They should also have a scrap bin of cut offs. My local store does and they often just give the little bits away if you don't need much. I would get a few pieces that are half as thick as you need to shim that up. Cut one smaller to act like a washer, and then one bigger to cover the void and stick out a bit beneath the door handle flange. ABS, especially thin stuff like you'll need is easy to work with.

Hope that makes sense.

EDIT: looking at the picture again, just get a piece as thick as you need and cut it to fit. That should give it a pretty finished look. Pretty much just make a new flange to sit below the door handle flange and wide enough to cover the gap you have. Easy

Cheers!
Sparrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2013, 03:44 PM   #27
JWELK
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I got them, all I can say is they are better than what was on the car. The plastic is quite hard. The mounting tabs are insufficient, I'm going to add screws to keep them from squeaking. The side pouches are nice, but have sharp edges, I've left a bit of blood on them retrieving items. The Sahara style with a flap are far superior. But for 109 what can you expect? If I had kept the old ones (numerous holes for speakers that had been stolen) I would have kept the upper part re-dyed or painted it and then use wood trim on the lower half. The diamond plate as shown above is also an option.

Regards,

Jim W
JWELK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2013, 06:27 PM   #28
jbrown73
1989 YJ Wrangler 

thanks for the replies! i ended up purchasing a sheet of abs and trimming it to fit. used a dab of pvc glue for added stability.
image-799825328.jpg  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rproject View Post
The only thing I can say is to close your eyes. Seriously. If you close your eyes and pay attention to your finger tips, you'll be able to feel the nuts better and manipulate them easier.
Unread 02-25-2013, 08:01 PM   #29
Sparrows
It's coming...

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown73 View Post
thanks for the replies! i ended up purchasing a sheet of abs and trimming it to fit. used a dab of pvc glue for added stability.
Those look awesome! I'm planning on getting some for my YJ here soonish. My panels are beat to hell and cracked at the top. I'm glad my idea for the abs worked! I knew it would! Looks super clean. Very nice job.

Oh and I'm happy you remembered to update this and share

Cheers
Sparrows is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.