Half door mirror on full steel door? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Half door mirror on full steel door?

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete JEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFF

Unread 11-02-2005, 11:21 AM   #1
Shinner
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Half door mirror on full steel door?

Anyone know if you can use a mirror from a half door on a full steel door? Looks like it mounts the same. Got a set of full doors that's missing the mirror on the driver's side. Was thinking of pulling the one off my half doors and using it. Can worry about buying a replacement in the Spring then.

Black Jeep Society - Black Jeep Club V2.0 #37 - Merry Wacko Jeep Club #37 - Metalhead Jeep Club #37 - 2.5L Low Output Jeep Club #37
Shinner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-02-2005, 11:25 AM   #2
JoonHoss
2011 JK Wrangler 

FWIW, they ARE they same on the TJ's, and I'd think if they are the same style mirror, they should fit the same.

but, on my '91 and '95 YJ's, the hard door mirrors were smaller and a different style, and mounted to the door-skin upper, rather than the hinge (like on the half door mirrors on my '93) so,?

if they both mount to the hinge, they should work fine and be interchangeable.

Don't mind me, I'm just another FNG around here...
JoonHoss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-02-2005, 11:43 AM   #3
Shinner
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joonhoss71
if they both mount to the hinge, they should work fine and be interchangeable.
yep, they both mount to the hinge....probably gonna give it a shot, just a little wary of snapping a friggin' torx

Black Jeep Society - Black Jeep Club V2.0 #37 - Merry Wacko Jeep Club #37 - Metalhead Jeep Club #37 - 2.5L Low Output Jeep Club #37
Unread 11-02-2005, 12:14 PM   #4
JoonHoss
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinner
yep, they both mount to the hinge....probably gonna give it a shot, just a little wary of snapping a friggin' torx
I know what you mean. I just bought half hard doors, and one of the hinges didn't quite line up right... had to undo the torx bolts the hinge to adjust it. I was pretty apprehensive about doing that knowing how bad they usually are...

first one, I applied a little pressure, and SNAP!

luckily, though, it was the torx driver that busted... bought a new hardened one and the rest came out just fine.

Good luck!

Unread 11-02-2005, 01:30 PM   #5
Shinner
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joonhoss71
Good luck!
Either I'm livin' right or am the recipient of some awesome karma.....just swapped the mirror over. Took less than 10 minutes to remove it from the half door and bolt it up to the full door. Excellent!

Hell, I might even grab the Windex and go clean the windows

Unread 11-02-2005, 02:03 PM   #6
JoonHoss
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinner
Either I'm livin' right or am the recipient of some awesome karma.....just swapped the mirror over. Took less than 10 minutes to remove it from the half door and bolt it up to the full door. Excellent!

Hell, I might even grab the Windex and go clean the windows
Conrats!...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.