Half cab hardtop? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Half cab hardtop?

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 07-05-2013, 08:06 PM   #1
jred
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Half cab hardtop?

I've been thinking about this for quite a bit, and I'm pretty sure I've got it nailed down.

Mainly I wanted a half cab hardtop, but I wanted to keep the stock cage (unlike gr8tops).

I'm still trying to decide if I want to go fiberglass or sheetmetal, leaning a bit toward sheetmetal, unless....

If we make a mold for a fiberglass top, it will be reusable. As in, we could produce a limited number of them for redistribution :P If no one else is interested, I'll just go with the sheetmetal & be done with it.

Back of napkin figures looks like we could do them for $1000ish, rough/unpainted. Not sure about shipping yet. It might not be to bad, because it will be a multi-piece design.

Am I crazy?

jred is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2013, 09:07 PM   #2
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

I don't know if I could swing it but I would definitely be interested in seeing what you came up with. I've always like the half cab look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
I think you're skewing the facts. Clarity is relative. Our job is to lead people to the kingdom of heaven, not make them think they're looking at it. :D
Poison Spyder Hood Louver Install
Carlos14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2013, 07:19 AM   #3
JeeperDon
Patience, Grasshopper

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Finish the design before you get $$ in your head. Dealing with the roll bars is not trivial. Metal seems easier, but fiberglass is the way to go. I made this, which has the general look, but is way easier to store.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.