Is h4 headlights the best? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Is h4 headlights the best?

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 02-17-2014, 07:14 AM   #31
zstamp19

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Tom95YJ where did you get your lights and how did you retro fit them? You may have posted it and I just missed it reading through all this. Did you have to replace any wiring with that swap or were you able to run the stock wiring? Just trying to figure out how much of a pain it is going to be to replace my lights.
Thanks

zstamp19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2014, 08:45 AM   #32
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zstamp19
Tom95YJ where did you get your lights and how did you retro fit them? You may have posted it and I just missed it reading through all this. Did you have to replace any wiring with that swap or were you able to run the stock wiring? Just trying to figure out how much of a pain it is going to be to replace my lights. Thanks
I bought them from froleichsuspensiontechnology .com. To be honest I won't ever order from him again. I have not received them and it's been over 2 months. People who ordered in November are just getting theirs.
Unread 02-17-2014, 09:02 AM   #33
zstamp19

1992 YJ Wrangler 

That is nuts. I found them on Ebay and all that but I hate buying stuff from there. Did you buy a retro fit kit or make it yourself?
Unread 02-17-2014, 09:59 AM   #34
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zstamp19
That is nuts. I found them on Ebay and all that but I hate buying stuff from there. Did you buy a retro fit kit or make it yourself?
I bought them pre made but have not got them yet I may build a set for my YJ
Unread 02-17-2014, 12:33 PM   #35
zstamp19

1992 YJ Wrangler 

That sucks well I may look into some different things all i know is I need to do something because I can't hardly see at night with what is currently running. I may try and adjust these some seems like they just not be angled right maybe from the lift the previous owner did
Unread 02-17-2014, 06:23 PM   #36
panaceabeachbum
Web Wheeler

1989 YJ Wrangler 

hope to try out my xenon H4 soon, left QAUDRATEC on the 5th, as soon as FedEx remembers were they have put them I will know how they compare
panaceabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2014, 06:26 PM   #37
zstamp19

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Let me know how those look I'm interested in anything that works and looks good
Unread 02-17-2014, 07:24 PM   #38
jdubsjeep
1995 YJ Wrangler 

There is only 1 set I would run, here is the info. Cibie H4 headlamps 200mm 142mm (7.9” 5.5”) http://www.danielsternlighting.com/p...ducts.html#Buy
Anyone who knows lighting will know this link. You pay more for the headlamps (because they are better), and get the Narva or Osram bulbs. You cannot beat E code lens. Check out how many other Jeepers use these!
jdubsjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2014, 09:14 PM   #39
djwrangler
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdubsjeep View Post
There is only 1 set I would run, here is the info. Cibie H4 headlamps 200mm 142mm (7.9” 5.5&rdquo http://www.danielsternlighting.com/p...ducts.html#Buy
Anyone who knows lighting will know this link. You pay more for the headlamps (because they are better), and get the Narva or Osram bulbs. You cannot beat E code lens. Check out how many other Jeepers use these!
^ this. If you're looking for a great upgrade that actually improves night time driving, this is the way to go. I run the Cibies with the Narva 55/100 bulbs and an upgraded relay harness. I found this setup to be better than the Trucklite LEDs I was running before. Sharper beam pattern and cleaner spread of light.

Well worth the cost. I did everything for less than $250.
djwrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2014, 06:49 AM   #40
zstamp19

1992 YJ Wrangler 

What all do I need to get to update the relays? I saw they had some on there but it doesn't really tell you which ones you need. But thanks for link I will be ordering some of these soon
Unread 02-18-2014, 08:38 PM   #41
jdubsjeep
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Email Daniel, he will walk you through it and get you all set up. You will not believe what you were missing. The pattern on the wall is amazing to see the beams cut off so clean and go up on the right. Be sure to mention that you are in the US because European lights go up to the left because they drive on the left side of the road. Once you adjust your lights you will know exactly what I am saying.
jdubsjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2014, 06:58 PM   #42
panaceabeachbum
Web Wheeler

1989 YJ Wrangler 

I received my H4 housings and bulbs from Quadratec today. They are brighter and I counted 7 more rows of peanuts on high beam than with the sealed beam halogen lamps. That said I would have been better off to purchase a single 1280 lumen led driving light and wire it into the high beam circuit. Would have saved 60 bucks and been able to see just as far.

As mentioned many times in various threads here the reflectors in most of the H4 kits for the YJ are less than optimal, the light is brighter and I can see further but there are lots of peaks and folds in the beam, lots of dim triangles.
panaceabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2014, 05:34 AM   #43
zstamp19

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Who is Daniel? I haven't been on here long enough to know people's names yet. Thanks for the info guys this is the most informative site!
Unread 02-20-2014, 06:10 AM   #44
kingcat400
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by panaceabeachbum View Post
I received my H4 housings and bulbs from Quadratec today. They are brighter and I counted 7 more rows of peanuts on high beam than with the sealed beam halogen lamps. That said I would have been better off to purchase a single 1280 lumen led driving light and wire it into the high beam circuit. Would have saved 60 bucks and been able to see just as far.

As mentioned many times in various threads here the reflectors in most of the H4 kits for the YJ are less than optimal, the light is brighter and I can see further but there are lots of peaks and folds in the beam, lots of dim triangles.
Could you link to the lights you bought. I think I know why the beam is messed up. But want to verify.
kingcat400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2014, 06:14 AM   #45
kingcat400
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zstamp19 View Post
Who is Daniel? I haven't been on here long enough to know people's names yet. Thanks for the info guys this is the most informative site!
http://www.danielsternlighting.com/p.../products.html
kingcat400 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.