H1 box - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > H1 box

Advance Adapters SYE Kits** FALL SALE on all Jeep Optic Armor Windshields **Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 07-24-2014, 07:15 AM   #1
2k2wranglerx
2003 TJ Wrangler 

H1 box

i just did this swap on my buddy's scrambler, and i have to say. i'm pretty impressed. he had an AGR box on it already (supposedly, i didn't see any of AGR's normal aluminum pieces on it) and the H1 is so much nicer!

Contemplating doing this on the YJ. just curious. do the lines work with the H1 box?

Thanks guys!

Unread 07-24-2014, 07:45 AM   #2
Jeepsr4me

And you got pics of said install?
Jeepsr4me is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-24-2014, 08:32 AM   #3
2k2wranglerx
2003 TJ Wrangler 

it wasn't anything exciting. just 2 sweaty guys putting on a new steering box mount (cj) and replacing the box.

that's the jeep (prior to the new style mtr's and new 17" wheels being put on)

just to fill the pic void lol
Unread 07-24-2014, 01:02 PM   #4
XJ93
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I think Jeepsr was meaning a picture of the *box after install. There is no way we could say "Yeah it works in the YJ!" without seeing pics. Googling H1 boxes comes up with a great variety of boxes.

Last edited by XJ93; 07-25-2014 at 02:15 PM.. Reason: *Stupid auto-correct
XJ93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-24-2014, 04:07 PM   #5
TCazes
1995 YJ Wrangler 

i thought the h1 box was a steering unit
TCazes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2014, 11:50 AM   #6
2k2wranglerx
2003 TJ Wrangler 

ya i'm talking about a power steering box....

http://www.amazon.com/Cardone-27-759...r+steering+box
Unread 07-25-2014, 02:18 PM   #7
XJ93
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Since the Scrambler is just a variation on the CJ7 which the YJ is loosely based upon, I can't see why it wouldn't work. But then I don't have a Scrambler right handy to compare to. I should ask my local CJ guy. He knows everything there is to know about stock CJs and he drives a Scrambler as a winter beater. Now I'm curious as to how close the set ups are for the steering box.
XJ93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.