Grinding reverse - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Grinding reverse

2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 06-03-2013, 08:33 PM   #1
heyvern
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Grinding reverse

My 95 AX15 grinds a bit when I shift to reverse. It does seem to do that a little bit less when warmed up, but it still does it. Is that normal?
Also the cap on the clutch fluid reservoir has no seal in it , just a vent hole. Am Iissing some kind of seal there?

heyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2013, 09:17 PM   #2
idaholtby
Web Wheeler

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Absolutely normal. AX-15s do not have a reverse synchro. Double clutch before throwing it into reverse and you will be fine.
Your master cylinder cap should seal and then act as a check valve.
idaholtby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2013, 06:14 AM   #3
kahanabob
1992 YJ Wrangler 

when starting i always shift into 2nd then into reverse......sometimes if i try reverse without shifting thru another gear first it will not even go into reverse i then shift into 2nd let out the clutch roll the jeep a couple of inches then goes right into reverse.
kahanabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2013, 03:14 PM   #4
heyvern
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the answers! I do approviate Just wanted to make sure it was nothing that I could fix.
Unread 06-04-2013, 03:16 PM   #5
heyvern
1994 YJ Wrangler 

...um that should say " appreciate " ... I guess the IPod "fixed" it for me

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.