Which GreaseAble shackles with OME springs? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Which GreaseAble shackles with OME springs?

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 03-04-2012, 08:46 PM   #1
shoalsjeep
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Which GreaseAble shackles with OME springs?

Have OME springs ordered. Wanting to replace shackles with new lift. I plan on running 32/11.50 with 2.5'' OME lift (36R front and back), thinking i might need 5/8 lift shackle to help. WHich grease able shackles work with OME 36R springs? thanks!!

shoalsjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2012, 09:17 PM   #2
moonshinefuel
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Which shackle bushings work with ome springs. That's probably the question. Quick answer is ome bushings work with ome springs. However, some have been successful removing the metal sleeves in the spring eyes of the ome springs to accommodate a wider variety of bushing manufacturers you could use.
Unread 03-04-2012, 09:46 PM   #3
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

I have the full kit from MORE. much better flex than any other combination of shackles and bushings I've had before.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2012, 03:19 PM   #4
shoalsjeep
1995 YJ Wrangler 

so, i did order new bushings from OME for the new 36R springs. But, when i order the MORE shackles OME is not listed as one of the spring companies to choose from....so how do i know which companies spring is closest to OME or does it matter since i ordered new bushings?? confused
shoalsjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2012, 04:16 PM   #5
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

just pick "Other" and then the correct size bushing. Pretty sure it's 1 1/4"
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2012, 05:21 PM   #6
giggityjeeper
1990 YJ Wrangler 

why not get OME ones...???

that is what I did.....

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/h...-jeep-1050879/

family roll bar swap/upgrade..

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/f...grade-1054753/

1990 YJ. SOA, OME 36R 3.5" lift springs, OME 5/8 greasable shackles, OTT high steer, Custom cage, team Rush, Posi, 33 TSL swampers
giggityjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2012, 06:09 PM   #7
ZeroGravity
1991 YJ Wrangler 

http://www.quadratec.com/products/12590_309X_PG.htm

I don't recall where I ordered mine from, but I run 36R front and back and the bushings fit the springs just fine. $90/pair, how can you go wrong?
The U.S. Army vaguely envisioned something bigger than a motorcycle, smaller than a truck, and undaunted by the most difficult terrain.
ZeroGravity is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.