Got my AtoZ Fab cage done. Lots of pics. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Got my AtoZ Fab cage done. Lots of pics.

Savvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in StockSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 08-17-2006, 07:35 PM   #1
PhatXJ

Got my AtoZ Fab cage done. Lots of pics.

Just thought I would throw this up and give props to Zach at AtoZ Fab. http://www.atozfabrication.com/

I ordered a custom cage addition, or 'sport cage', whatever you want to call it. He cut, bent and copped the tubing for me and shipped it over.

It took a couple weeks before the tubing came, but it was well within reason.

Here are some pictures after everything was welded up and prepped for paint. I added the dash bar grab handle, the custom speaker pods, and the rear horizontal bar. I did all the fitting and welding myself.

Here's a few pictures showing the speaker pods I built. These are to house a 6.5" component set of Infinity speaks. I had the flat pattern cut out on a water table, then I put the bends in them, welded them into boxes, then welded them to the roll bar.

I painted them before all the welding to make sure I got paint on the insides because I knew once they were welded up, it would be hard to get paint in there. Then I repainted them once everything was welded on.

PhatXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-17-2006, 07:36 PM   #2
PhatXJ

Pictures after it was all done.

I was very pleased with the way everything turned out. Thanks again Zach.
Unread 08-17-2006, 07:41 PM   #3
toke
I_R_Food

1995 YJ Wrangler 

nice job looks really good

2001 Grand RIP

2004 Rubicon RIP
toke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-17-2006, 07:43 PM   #4
King03Kev
1987 YJ Wrangler 

That's some really nice work, congrats.
kevyj87 '87 I6 5spd, 215,000+ miles, Herced, Nuttered, Weber, HEI, RE 4", 1" BL, 4:11's, np231, 33x12.5's, SYE & shaft, 1" brown dog mm, home made bumpers front & rear, Ramsey 8,000lb winch
King03Kev is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-17-2006, 08:07 PM   #5
ZIMSJEEP
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Very nice! Wanna come over and install one for me? Do you have any pics of where it attaches to the floor in the front...I'm just curious.
3.5" Fabtech lift, 5/8" MORE Boomerang Shackles, Brown Dog Motor Mounts, 33x12.5 Mikey Thompson Baja Claws, MT 15x8 Classic II Alloys, JKS swaybar disco's, Rancho RS 5000 stablizer, Skyjacker Hydro 7000 shocks, Warn Bumper w/ pre runner, On board air, Grant Wheel, PIAA Windshield mounted lights, Herculined Interior
ZIMSJEEP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-17-2006, 08:13 PM   #6
dadstoy
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Cage looks awesome. I think that will be one of my next mods.

I checked out the link in your first post, but the "Cage addition" section said there were no products to list in that section. How much was the cage?
dadstoy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-17-2006, 08:18 PM   #7
PhatXJ

Thanks guys.

Yep, I have a picture of the floorplate. Kinda crappy, but it gets the point across.

Also, a few more pictures that I took while in the process of installing it.

http://www.phatserver.net/temp/YJ/6.11/DSCN6153.jpg

http://www.phatserver.net/temp/YJ/6.11/DSCN6159.jpg

http://www.phatserver.net/temp/YJ/6.11/DSCN6163.jpg

http://www.phatserver.net/temp/YJ/6.11/DSCN6166.jpg

http://www.phatserver.net/temp/YJ/6.11/DSCN6168.jpg
Unread 08-17-2006, 08:26 PM   #8
Helldorado Customs
Addicted...

2007 JK Wrangler 

How much? Looks great!
Unread 08-17-2006, 08:37 PM   #9
PhatXJ

Thanks TR. Honestly, I can't remember how much it cost. I believe he charges around 350 for a similar setup, but don't quote me. I added several other tubes myself, but he could also make them and include them if the customer wanted.
Unread 08-17-2006, 08:44 PM   #10
Helldorado Customs
Addicted...

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhatXJ
Thanks TR. Honestly, I can't remember how much it cost. I believe he charges around 350 for a similar setup, but don't quote me. I added several other tubes myself, but he could also make them and include them if the customer wanted.
What tubes did you add?
Unread 08-17-2006, 08:50 PM   #11
PhatXJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomb Raider
What tubes did you add?
I guess 'tubes' wasn't the best term to use. More or less I just added the passenger side dash bar grab handle, the horizontal tube that goes above and just forward of the stock "C" pillar tubes, all the gussets, CB mount and the speaker pods.
Unread 08-17-2006, 08:52 PM   #12
PhatXJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadstoy
Cage looks awesome. I think that will be one of my next mods.

I checked out the link in your first post, but the "Cage addition" section said there were no products to list in that section. How much was the cage?
Whoops, missed your post. Yeah, Zach doesn't have anything specific under that section of his site, but if you go into the 'gallery', you can see more pictures of setups he's done.

He will pretty much build what you want. Zach likes to do a circular hoop above the B piller in the middle, but I wanted only straight tube spreader bars, so he did them fore me no questions asked despite the fact that it strays far from his original design.

Like I said before, I believe a basic setup like what I have runs around $350, not including shipping.
Unread 08-17-2006, 09:01 PM   #13
PhatXJ

Let me go on the record here and revise what I said about the kit being $350. He originally quoted me a straight $300 for his normal YJ cage addition (not included extras or shipping).

Well worth it in my opinion.

Also let me note that I cam CRAZY about details, and I was pleased with the quality of work. Anybody can cut and cope a tube, but Zach takes it to the next step and de-burs all his cuts, rounds the corners and overall makes sure everything is clean and ready to be welded.
Unread 08-18-2006, 04:35 PM   #14
zachv
Web Wheeler

Dave, thanks for the post and we are glad that you are happy with the cage addition. You are correct on the pricing, we offer the basic kit for $300 and it includes:
- two new upper side bars
- two downlegs at the dash
- a dash bar
- a windshield bar
- center spreader system, either straight or our hoop system like pictured below
- two grab handles
- floor plates

We also offer the rear spreader piece by itself for $75 or in a rear spreader kit that has two stringers included for $150.

We will be working on putting the kits on our site in the next few weeks so for now just call the shop with any questions or to order. These kits come with full instructions, but you will need to do some fitting as each Jeep is different, and a competent weldor is needed for installation.

Installed in a TJ
570-385-3931--shop
zachv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-18-2006, 04:44 PM   #15
UndieYeep

Awesome looking work... I know where I am going when I get to that point.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.