Good Spark, No Start - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Good Spark, No Start

RCV Heavy Duty Axle Shafts Now Shipping at Baseline4x4.comStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 12-17-2011, 01:39 PM   #1
gatorbubba
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Good Spark, No Start

I have been surfing the forums and haven't quite found the answer I'm looking for. So I recently rebuilt my throttle body to fix high idling, I was able to crank it back up and run it. Then a day later, I cranked it up and let it idle for around 15 min, then I cut it off, at which point in dieseled pretty severely and now it won't start. I got spark and fuel going into the intake. Any ideas?

gatorbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2011, 02:29 PM   #2
DAVE4273
1989 YJ Wrangler 

hmmmmmmm.... Thats a good one
Unread 12-17-2011, 02:46 PM   #3
gatorbubba
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Update: So I disconnected the injector and it started right up, and would idle smoothly indefinitely. I then put the wire connector back on and restarted, very rough idle but works ok at open throttle. I looked in the throttle body with the injector connected, and it looks to be putting too much fuel in at idle. Is this a sign that my injector is bad/leaking? Or could it be the IAC? How can I check to isolate which one is causing the problem? I know the temperature sensor is working properly since I tested it with a mutlimeter and got good readings. Got to love the TBI
gatorbubba is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.