good place for tow hooks - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > good place for tow hooks

Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREEG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChTJ Wrangler 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift Kits in

Unread 12-03-2001, 07:17 PM   #1
Atropine
2000 TJ Wrangler 

good place for tow hooks

I just got my tow hooks in, problem is: where to mount them? I have the smittybilt double tube bumper up front. Just checking to see where other people have theirs before I find a place. Seems like anywhere I go those damn tubes will get in the way. I also plan on mounting a hilift jack on the front too. Maybe I should get a new bumper, possibly winch ready???

04' Dodge Ram

"Jeep mechanic wanted: must be able to put square peg in round hole"
Atropine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2001, 07:38 PM   #2
osburn
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Had that same problem long ago when I ran tube bumpers. I had a friend machine a block with two holes to lift the hooks up high enough to clear the tube bumper. The hooks must be mounted on the frame to be of any use. The bolt holes are already there. Same holes you used to mount the front bumper. There's two more for the rear of the hook already there too.
osburn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2001, 08:10 PM   #3
Atropine
2000 TJ Wrangler 

man, osburn again!! you ever sleep? lol Someday I will have the experience you do. Give me a few more years and lots of money

I'm gonna have trouble with that tube, its the one with the loop and its right in front of the frame. Unless I mount them on the sides of the frame. They will just have to be sideways. I don't think that will affect anything.
04' Dodge Ram

"Jeep mechanic wanted: must be able to put square peg in round hole"
Atropine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2001, 09:19 PM   #4
osburn
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Yeah, I sleep. But I'm dreaming about Jeeps when I do.

Ah, I know zactly what you're talking about. Honestly, it would be less trouble to trade bumpers with someone or sell it. The tow hooks are more valuable than the bumper in my opinion. But, hahaha, get this, one of my buddies, cut the loop off the front, then used the spacers like mine to mount the tow hooks. It actually turned out nice.
osburn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.