A good deal? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > A good deal?

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 02-24-2012, 12:01 PM   #1
Darth_Wonka
1992 YJ Wrangler 

A good deal?

I have a 92 YJ with the 2.5 in it there's a guy who is willing to swap my chassis for the six cylinder that has a 4.0 out of a TJ in it and just drop my body on the frame and hook everything up for 2200 is this a good deal?

Darth_Wonka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2012, 12:21 PM   #2
soonermatt
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I think this question lacks way too much information, most important being the level of trust you have in his abilities.
soonermatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2012, 12:30 PM   #3
Darth_Wonka
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Well he seems reliable and my friend is doing an engine swap with him this week. He parts out jeeps and sells them and he just parted out a wrecked TJ with 115000 miles on the motor so instead of cutting off the motor mounts and welding new ones he has a 6 clyinder frame he said I could swap for my 4 clyinder one if my buddies motor swap pans out I was wondering if this would be a worthy price for an engine swap
Unread 02-24-2012, 12:38 PM   #4
jmmorgan82

If you think his work is good, and that includes all the labor and what not, I would say $2200 is cheap. Almost too cheap...

Edit: Forgot to ask, what about tranny, TC, driveshafts, rear axle, etc..?
jmmorgan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2012, 12:44 PM   #5
Darth_Wonka
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Well I thought it was cheap too but he sold me a renegade hood and mint Sahara doors for 100 bucks ill probably ask around first make sure his work is up to par first I suppose

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.