Getting excited - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Getting excited

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGSmittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!

Unread 04-18-2001, 08:31 AM   #1
jeeptuff

Getting excited

Well I have been busy as all get out the last couple weeks ordering parts and more parts. I finally got the OK to start the mods on the YJ because I just bought my wife a new Jetta(2001).
So here it goes... I opted for the R.E. Extreme duty kit, SYE, and drivelines at the local drive line shop(Drivelines Direct).
As for wheels and tires I went with Marsh Racings Mod racing style bead locked 15x10's with the new style Goodyear Wrangler 33x12.5x15's. JKS quick disconnects and telescoping rear track bar. Randy's ring and Pinion helped me out with gearing and decided to go with 4.56's which I hope to instal this weekend. Safari snorkel for those rainy Washington State crossings.
I am looking into some interior upgrades like the Beard 5 point Comp seats front and rear along with the harnesses. The motor has been done for a while now and will go in since I have the Jeep down, I started with a junkyard core 4.0L and bought the Hesco 4.0L stroker kit to give it a bit of pep. I still would love to get Hescos supercharger kit for a little bit more poop. It has been a hard road though, just me working on it pretty much but that is going to pay off when my "Baby" is all done. This is the 3rd Jeep I have built the other two are the 76 CJ's that I had. I hope to complete the project over the next couple months as I still have to work my regular job and find time for the family. I am just wondering about the tranny though, an AX-15 that I rebuilt about 3 months back or the NV4500, if I go with the 4500 that means transfer case too, that is getting spendy. I think for the time being I stay with the stock tranny and case. Later I can make the changes I need to them. Well I just thought I would fill you all in on what I have going. Like they say it's a Jeep® thing and you just wouldn't understand, although I realize you all here do!!! I must say just reading alot of the post in here has helped me alot in the process so far and thanks to all those that have posted. I will try to keep you all updated. Thanks again...

Unread 04-18-2001, 10:29 AM   #2
Cody_91YJ

Be sure to post pics!
Sounds like you've got a good plan
Unread 04-18-2001, 10:57 AM   #3
Newfie

Sounds sweet! Totally understand the snorkel, here on our Rock we can cross a river on the way in and it might be 6" - 8" deep, then the following day on the way out, it might be 4'... LOL
Unread 04-18-2001, 11:31 AM   #4
rayray

Congratulations!!!! It shoulds like you have really done some research and found what works for you. Don't feel bad about not getting to the 4500. One stage at a time ya know Anyway, good luck with all the work you have a head of you. BTW, which SYE did you choose?

rayray
rayray is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2001, 12:15 PM   #5
osburn
1995 YJ Wrangler 

This stuff is just too cool huh?

Anyway, tell me more about these wheels. How many bolts? Cost? Website? Pics? Anything!

Also, what was the final cost of the Hesco kit? Did you do it all yourself? What was involved?
osburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2001, 06:40 PM   #6
jeeptuff

The SYE kit I purchased was through Rosser Jeep and was $359, this is funny but there is no name on the box or the part(I hope O didn't screw up there).
The wheels I love they are a black modular style 18 bolt bead lock. Rosser says the 18 bolts are good for up to a 36" tire. The cost was $149 a piece and I got all 5 I needed. www.thinkjeep.com/manufacturers/mrt/wheel-A.jpg here is a picture of the wheel.
As for the engine, this is what Hesco says from stock HP at 181 this kit brings the HP to 311. The kit is very straight forward and not really any different than puttin any other inline together. I had all the machine work done by Myron here in Smokey Point. He built the head and added titanium vavles.
The pricing on this kit is not cheap sitting at about $2300, then in conjunction with the kit you 20% oversized injectors that was another $468 bucks then you have the throttle body another $400. All in all I can say I have almost $4000 into the engine, give or take $500. I could have done a small block swap but wanted something different. Check out the stroker kits and all the other goodies at www.hescosc.com by the way the kits brings your 4.0 to a 4.7 pretty cool huh? I hope this helped with you questions..
Unread 04-18-2001, 11:17 PM   #7
Keith
Admin

I was looking into getting a snorkel. Where did you purchase yours from and how much?

Glock Forum
Keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2001, 11:33 PM   #8
Cody_91YJ

Those MRT beadlocks are pretty sweet.
Gonna look into those after I finish the SOA and Axle Swap. I'm good friends with the local 4x4 shop & he can get some pretty good prices

That Hesco kit seems pretty sweet!
I"ve heard of those 4.0 extreme "soup up" kits, but never actually seen one.
Unread 04-27-2001, 09:12 AM   #9
jeeptuff

I bought the snorkle at ARB in Seattle, considering I am only about 35 minutes North of there. I got it for $159 bucks at there warehouse. Not a bad deal considering they are around $250 everywhere else. I need to check with ARB on pricing of air lockers if I can go pick them up for cheaper I am there..

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.