Gear Ratio - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Gear Ratio

Dana 30/ Dana 44 Chromoly shaft Kits- ECGSFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201

Unread 02-25-2013, 05:21 PM   #1
2Mileshigh

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Gear Ratio

Can any one tell me if a 4:10 gear ratio is lower geared then a 4:88 gear ratio? Does the gearing get lower with a higher ratio? like a 5:10? Im looking at putting a locker in i have 35" tires with 4:88 gears. When i look at the lockers they say "works for above this XX:XX ratio or below this XX:XX ratio. I know the Carriers are different for different ratios... Thanks

2Mileshigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2013, 05:25 PM   #2
PredatorNC
2010 JK Wrangler 

4.88 is lower...

lower the number, higher the gearing and vice versa....

Rubi's come with 4.10's...I'm going to 4.88's when I get re-geared for 35's on my 01 Sahara...i currently have 3.73's and its painful!

If in doubt...HIT THE GAS!! It may not always be the right decision, but it will end the suspense!

The build so far....[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/project-predator-1342553/[/url]
PredatorNC is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.