Gauges dead & no reverse lights - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Gauges dead & no reverse lights

Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread Yesterday, 10:13 PM   #1
92YJ_Islander

Gauges dead & no reverse lights

1992 YJ Islander 4.0 5-speed 105k miles

Today when I left for work I noticed none of my gauges, speedo, or tach were working. All still light up when the headlights are on. I came home and tore apart the dash, all to find no issues. I also verified all fuses are still good.

I finally disconnected the battery and let everything reset. Much to my amazement, my gauges worked! Well, for about a minute. The temp and voltage gauges still weren't working. After about 1 minute none were working. I also noticed my reverse lights are no longer working.

Note: This is all happening after attempting to jump start my F150.

Any ideas?

92YJ_Islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Yesterday, 11:25 PM   #2
mike134
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Hi Islander,

First, check the fuse again for continuity with an ohm meter, put a different one in there if you have a spare (fuse 9 according to the manual), Sometimes they only get partially damaged which makes it difficult to diagnose...

Next check the voltage at the fuse with a voltmeter with the ignition switch ON. Is it 12 Volts?
mike134 is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.