Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Gas tank skid plate help

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Big-n-Broke-YJ 
#1 ·
I'm trying to drop tank so I can put a new one in. Anyone know what size the bolts are that hold the skid plate up? I can't seem to find a size that fits? Also other than removing the bolts and taking the fill hose and fuel lines off, do I need to do anything else? Thanks

#2 ·
just unbolt them bolts and disconnect hoses and unplug sending unit/pump assembly....

just be sure to have something to rest the tank on after you unbolt it so you can get off hoses... it'll be heavy if it has gas in it

i think the bolts are 14mm or 15mm, something like that.... just got try different sizes till you find one that fits....

be careful with your full and vent hoses.... they're probably a pain in the *** to get off but if you decide to just cut them off and buy new ones like i did you will be up the creek without a paddle. the dealership can't get the fill and vent hoses. had to buy new fill hose from a junkyard and new vent hose i made from 3/4" fuel line from carquest if i remember right....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.