Gas Tank PRESSURE??? Or Fuel RELIEF PRESSURE?? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Gas Tank PRESSURE??? Or Fuel RELIEF PRESSURE??

Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 04-10-2011, 12:47 PM   #16
HurricaneRZA
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 915kingwrangler View Post
so then do i have to drop the tank?? no my exhaust is good, actually Im running open headers so my exhaust is no where near the tank, and do you guys know what could happen if i dont fix this quick, i mean the pressure building up in the tank??
I don't think you have to drop the tank to for a quick check of the hoses. I dropped mine to replace the rusted bolts and inspect the tank for any cracks or anything. If you remove the license plate holder and the black plastic holder for the filler hole you can get at the tubes and take a look.

Alternatively, there's a plastic plate behind the rear wheel well (covers the hollow area in the tube that has the hoses and the rear headlight wiring) you should be able to pop out the plastic rivets that hold it in place and yank it out. Then if you look straight up that area you have access to the tubes and a bit more space to work in.

[QUOTE=doublins;15539665]I always get people coming over and saying things like "I wish I knew how to do that," etc- but they don't realize- at some point I didn't know how to do it either- I had to figure it out.[/QUOTE]
HurricaneRZA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2011, 03:20 PM   #17
915kingwrangler
1991 YJ Wrangler 

allrite i will check everything today c whats going on, thanks everybody...
915kingwrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2011, 03:47 PM   #18
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

There are a couple common issues that I know of. Check your rear body mounts. If they collapse it will allow the body to pinch the fuel lines and vent lines. The vent lines go into the rollover valve on the pass side behind the rear fender. It should be normally open and allow the vented fumes to go to the charcoal canister. The valve is notoriously bad and can break and pinch the vent lines ot break free and allow fumes into the vehicle.
Que89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2011, 12:51 PM   #19
guppy822
1988 YJ Wrangler 

I'm having the same issue with the poof from the filler hose. What was the result?
guppy822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2014, 08:42 AM   #20
mikesr1
1996 FSJ Cherokee 

I have the same issue. But my truck is falling on its face when I start out. I cant figure it out.
mikesr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2014, 08:51 AM   #21
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Try posting here to a new thread Mike:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/
Que89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.