Gas Tank PRESSURE??? Or Fuel RELIEF PRESSURE?? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 23 Old 04-10-2011, 12:47 PM
HurricaneRZA
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 915kingwrangler View Post
so then do i have to drop the tank?? no my exhaust is good, actually Im running open headers so my exhaust is no where near the tank, and do you guys know what could happen if i dont fix this quick, i mean the pressure building up in the tank??
I don't think you have to drop the tank to for a quick check of the hoses. I dropped mine to replace the rusted bolts and inspect the tank for any cracks or anything. If you remove the license plate holder and the black plastic holder for the filler hole you can get at the tubes and take a look.

Alternatively, there's a plastic plate behind the rear wheel well (covers the hollow area in the tube that has the hoses and the rear headlight wiring) you should be able to pop out the plastic rivets that hold it in place and yank it out. Then if you look straight up that area you have access to the tubes and a bit more space to work in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoureverydayXJ View Post
This is the most metal thing I have ever heard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublins View Post
I always get people coming over and saying things like "I wish I knew how to do that," etc- but they don't realize- at some point I didn't know how to do it either- I had to figure it out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 23 Old 04-11-2011, 03:20 PM Thread Starter
915kingwrangler
1991 YJ Wrangler 

allrite i will check everything today c whats going on, thanks everybody...
post #18 of 23 Old 04-11-2011, 03:47 PM
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

There are a couple common issues that I know of. Check your rear body mounts. If they collapse it will allow the body to pinch the fuel lines and vent lines. The vent lines go into the rollover valve on the pass side behind the rear fender. It should be normally open and allow the vented fumes to go to the charcoal canister. The valve is notoriously bad and can break and pinch the vent lines ot break free and allow fumes into the vehicle.
post #19 of 23 Old 05-01-2011, 12:51 PM
guppy822
1988 YJ Wrangler 

I'm having the same issue with the poof from the filler hose. What was the result?
post #20 of 23 Old 02-07-2014, 08:42 AM
mikesr1
1996 FSJ Cherokee 

I have the same issue. But my truck is falling on its face when I start out. I cant figure it out.
post #21 of 23 Old 02-07-2014, 08:51 AM
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Try posting here to a new thread Mike:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/
post #22 of 23 Old 03-21-2016, 02:05 PM
FusterCluck

I'm a newbie just got my first Jeep. Mine does this also not alot maybe half a second but it is the first vehicle I've owned that does this. Is this a common thing? I've also heard t can be negative or positive pressure (sucking or blowing) to tap your hand over it to determine. And a little o. Either side is okay? Which seems counter intuitive. So yeah some info would be appreciated!
post #23 of 23 Old 03-21-2016, 05:33 PM
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FusterCluck View Post
I'm a newbie just got my first Jeep. Mine does this also not alot maybe half a second but it is the first vehicle I've owned that does this. Is this a common thing? I've also heard t can be negative or positive pressure (sucking or blowing) to tap your hand over it to determine. And a little o. Either side is okay? Which seems counter intuitive. So yeah some info would be appreciated!
Posts up to a new thread and make sure to fill out as much info about tit jeep as you can on your profile.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.