Gas in my oil! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Gas in my oil!

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 03-07-2002, 01:27 PM   #1
WhompBigJeep

Gas in my oil!

Help! I have a 93 YJ w/2.5L.

I pulled my CCV tube that runs between the airbox and valve cover and it was full of gas! I checked the oil and it's got gas in it (yellowish). What the heck is that all about? And what should I do? Someone told me the Throttlebody needs to be rebuilt. Any idea how much it costs/time it takes? Thanks.

WhompBigJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2002, 02:49 PM   #2
evilpsych

you dont have a throttle body.. you have fuel injection. sounds like you need to figure out why the gas isnt burning up.. you may have a shot sparkplug/ignition system on at least one of your cylinders. You may also need a ring job.. go get a compression/leakdown test done, and get your distributor checked, if it turns out that it's bad, i'd replace it w/ a MSD unit

'93 YJ, 4.0, K&N filter, Borla Header, Borla Cat-Back, Hi-Flo Cat, 3 Core Radiator, D-Rings, TruckNuts, MSD 6A, LockRite Locker in D30, Magnecors, Kickass Stereo, 1" daystar, 31" BFG AT's, Homemade Rocker Guards and Front/Rear air-tank bumpers with tire carrier, 15x8 AR-767 4"BS, BDS 3.5 HD lift, AMA A/C Kit, York OBA, GoFerIt 1" MML, 8,000lb HF/MM Winch, Magellan MAP 330 GPS, PRO-2067 500ch. Scanner, oh, and a CB capable of talking to SATURN!

"The Only Thing Necessary for Evil to Succeed is for Good Men to Do Nothing." - Edmund Burke
evilpsych is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2002, 03:56 PM   #3
RCHavok797
2005 LJ Wrangler 

fuel injection doesn't mean you don't have a throttle body
RCHavok797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2002, 04:12 PM   #4
renegade0351

bigjeep,
i had that same problem with a 88 bronco ll i had , a bad injector was spraying gas down in the oil pan , so the dealership told me.
89 sahara, 4.2 , k551 weber, nutter bypass, tuffy stereo security console & under seat security drawer, 4'pro comp & 3'body, front waggy44 w/detroit & 4.88, rear waggy44 w/detroit & 4.88, teralow sye, tw's cv drive shaft {rear}, warn locking hubs, boomerrangs all around, 35x15.50 tsl-sx swampers { love that roar}.
renegade0351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2002, 04:39 PM   #5
WhompBigJeep

I know what you all mean, but the I know where the gas is getting in, and it's not through the cylinders. The emmissions system instead of sending gas vapors to the CCV (like a PCV valve) is sucking fuel and sending THAT through the valve cover! My air filter is all gassed from this, too. Anybody know what I'm talking about? Thanks, y'all.
WhompBigJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2002, 06:17 PM   #6
evilpsych

ok ok ok .. i got it now.. your charcoal canister is full of gas and is sucking the gas up through the tube into the CCV. You need to replace it or dump out the old charcoal packet and stick a new one in. normally it's just fumes that get in there, but apparently you've filled it up. I'd check/replace your 02 sensor to figure out why your engine is running so rich..

heh.. there is a difference between a carburetor, a throttle body and regualr Electronic fuel injection. Throttle bodies are the evolution from carburetors to fuel rails and EFI. The throttle body is like a carburetor that has a fuel injector attached to it instead of float bowls and various diameter fuel ports that mixes the fuel with the air coming in, and then this gets pushed into the combustion chamber.. EFI squirts the gas directly into the combustion chamber and mixes with the air there.

on his 2.5, he has a fuel rail and EFI, and thus.. no throttle body..

'93 YJ, 4.0, K&N filter, Borla Header, Borla Cat-Back, Hi-Flo Cat, 3 Core Radiator, D-Rings, TruckNuts, MSD 6A, LockRite Locker in D30, Magnecors, Kickass Stereo, 1" daystar, 31" BFG AT's, Homemade Rocker Guards and Front/Rear air-tank bumpers with tire carrier, 15x8 AR-767 4"BS, BDS 3.5 HD lift, AMA A/C Kit, York OBA, GoFerIt 1" MML, 8,000lb HF/MM Winch, Magellan MAP 330 GPS, PRO-2067 500ch. Scanner, oh, and a CB capable of talking to SATURN!

"The Only Thing Necessary for Evil to Succeed is for Good Men to Do Nothing." - Edmund Burke
evilpsych is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.