Gas guage dance - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Gas guage dance

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comComponent speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 09-25-2010, 09:47 AM   #1
Jakerdood
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Gas guage dance

we all know that the ol' YJ has a gas guage with happy feet.. but i think that mine may have broken because it literally dances the entire length of the guage when im driving. I need to replace it. I was lookin for pictures of your guys' new gas guages, any installation tips, or which one to get etc.. Thanks!

Jakerdood is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2010, 11:54 AM   #2
MJMPC
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Have you checked the ground on the fuel gauge

http://www.dav.org/

MJM Powder Coating
Elizabethtown Ky.

http://www.cityprofile.com/
MJMPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2010, 03:49 PM   #3
kloppk
1992 YJ Wrangler 

The problem is in the gas gauge itself.
The damper part of it's internal circuit isn't working properly.
It's job is to keep the needle steady despite the fact the gas is sloshing around in the tank causing the float to bob up and down.
kloppk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2010, 03:57 PM   #4
Alfons
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Before changing the gauge (they aren't that bad), I'd check the ground to the tank (it's connected at the back of the parking brake assembly) and the power connection on the top of the tank - you have both the pump power and the fuel sender signal in that connection.
Alfons is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dash , fix , gas gauge , replacement

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.