gas gauge help!!!!!!!! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > gas gauge help!!!!!!!!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 10-19-2007, 04:00 AM   #16
DaSham58
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Mine was bouncing around, And when I filled the tank up the gauge would read way past full So I replaced the sending unit did not fix it I went and replaced all the gauges with AutoMeter Gauges still bounced around and was reading way past full when I filled up. My problem was right under the dash right above the emergency brake there is a plug where the rear wirering harness with the fuel sending unit wires is connects to the front I unpluged it and used some electric cleaner and grease and plugged it all up and now all is good! No more bouncing and reads acurate now. Hope this helpes!

Unread 10-19-2007, 08:32 AM   #17
amg61
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSham58
Mine was bouncing around, And when I filled the tank up the gauge would read way past full So I replaced the sending unit did not fix it I went and replaced all the gauges with AutoMeter Gauges still bounced around and was reading way past full when I filled up. My problem was right under the dash right above the emergency brake there is a plug where the rear wirering harness with the fuel sending unit wires is connects to the front I unpluged it and used some electric cleaner and grease and plugged it all up and now all is good! No more bouncing and reads acurate now. Hope this helpes!

can you be more specific about that harness/plug, what it looks like, or do you have a picture? this would be an easy fix if it were the cause, so i just want to make sure i'm looking at the correct plug/harness. thanks.
Unread 10-19-2007, 11:31 AM   #18
DaSham58
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by amg61
can you be more specific about that harness/plug, what it looks like, or do you have a picture? this would be an easy fix if it were the cause, so i just want to make sure i'm looking at the correct plug/harness. thanks.
It would be hard to get a picture of it. Pretty close under there just look right above your emergency brake that is where it is.I will look at mine and see if I can get a pic of it .
Unread 10-19-2007, 11:56 AM   #19
DaSham58
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Ok it wasnt as bad as I thought it would be here is the picture of the plug. Unplug it and get some spray electrical cleaner and some electrical grease that solved my problem!

plug.jpg
Unread 10-19-2007, 12:03 PM   #20
amg61
1990 YJ Wrangler 

awesome pic!!! thanks!!! will take a look later.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.