Gas comming out of header - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Gas comming out of header

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!1999-2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Headlight Pair1997 - 2001 Jeep Cherokee Header Panel

Unread 08-20-2009, 10:30 PM   #1
Ra8erFan
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Gas comming out of header

I've got a weber 38/38 and my jeep sometimes has problems starting in the AM. If I tap the gas more then one time during start up then gas spills out of the bottom of my headers during high idle. Then this morning after I drove 30 miles to work gas started pouring out after I had parked my jeep and turned it off. Anyone know what could cause this?

Ra8erFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2009, 10:38 PM   #2
buckshot500
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Carb needs a new inlet valve seat seal. (this is what closes & shuts off the fuel feed to the float bowl, when the float reaches it's up position)

This condition may not be so great for your engine. If raw fuel pours into the cylinders, it will wash the protective oil coating from the cylinder walls.
This will cause premature ring wear & oil dilution. Gasoline is a solvent of oil.

90YJ98XJ
buckshot500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2009, 10:43 PM   #3
Ra8erFan
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks. If I get a rebuild kit, this valve seal will be with it?
Ra8erFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.