Fyi idk - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Fyi idk

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 08-08-2011, 08:03 PM   #1
Lre78hd
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Fyi idk

Sorry but I'm reading about this 8.8 conversion and I can't figure out what SYE means. I got sua and soa. But I'm stumped with the SYE. Little help please Ty

Lre78hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2011, 08:06 PM   #2
oldtime_ironman
Web Wheeler
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lre78hd View Post
Sorry but I'm reading about this 8.8 conversion and I can't figure out what SYE means. I got sua and soa. But I'm stumped with the SYE. Little help please Ty
SYE means "slip yoke eliminator". Its a kit for your transfer case that lets you run a longer rear driveshaft.
oldtime_ironman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2011, 08:09 PM   #3
TheNewbie
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtime_ironman View Post
SYE means "slip yoke eliminator". Its a kit for your transfer case that lets you run a longer rear driveshaft.
Yep. It eliminates the slip yoke. So instead of having your driveshaft just slip into the rear yoke of the t-case, you end up with a u joint at the t-case output and the slip happens in the CV style driveshaft (that you also have to buy when you do the SYE).

My build thread...
I've got a shotgun, a rifle and a four wheel drive...
TheNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2011, 08:09 PM   #4
Lre78hd
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks was doin somemore reading and figured out what it meant. Figures after I ask. Thanks
Lre78hd is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.