Full size Door outer door latch issue - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Full size Door outer door latch issue

Trick Tabs - NalinMFG.comCCOR is your 1 stop source for everything Jeep!TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 12-18-2011, 10:08 AM   #1
andrew2641
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Full size Door outer door latch issue

Hey guys I bought a set of full Sahara doors to go on my 95 yj. the driver outer door latch broke so I replaced it yesterday only to have it brake after about 5 pulls. So obviously there is another issue adding strain to the lever arm. The inside handle works fine and pulls easy, however the outer definately feels stickier the few times it worked. Any ideas?
Thanks

andrew2641 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2011, 09:12 PM   #2
andrew2641
1995 YJ Wrangler 

[QUOTE="andrew2641"]Hey guys I bought a set of full Sahara doors to go on my 95 yj. the driver outer door latch broke so I replaced it yesterday only to have it brake after about 5 pulls. So obviously there is another issue adding strain to the lever arm. The inside handle works fine and pulls easy, however the outer definately feels stickier the few times it worked. Any ideas?
Thanks
andrew2641 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2011, 06:58 AM   #3
GRYDE001
2008 JK Wrangler 

I'd take the door panels off and clean/lube all the inner parts. Then sit and watch all the inner parts working with the panel off and the door open. I just completely disassembled my doors for painting, it's not that hard. I bet it's sticking at the bottom of the door....
There's a part that resembles a long skinny "U" that attaches the outer door handle to the opening mechanism that might be binding.

once again...clean and spray with a white/lithium grease and see if it helps.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.