Full Hard Doors - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Full Hard Doors

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Warrior Products @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 12-19-2006, 03:17 PM   #1
dangofast350

Full Hard Doors

What years were the full hard doors offered on the YJ and are there any aftermarket doors out there. Also what top works with full doors. The back of the door make it look like a TJ door.

Unread 12-19-2006, 03:24 PM   #2
NewdRiver_
1985 CJ7 

Full doors were offered every year. They came with hardtop models. CJ-7 full doors will fit without modification, as long as the correct striker is used. Top wise, most aftermarket hardtops will fit (only exception to my knowledge is Steel Horse Automotive's 2-piece Targa Top). For soft tops, the Bestop Supertop kit will fit perfectly. Thats about it...
NewdRiver_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-19-2006, 03:28 PM   #3
dangofast350

Thanks it just looks like the half doors and the full steel doors seal up differently on the back side to the top. Maybe it is just the pics that are used by bestop.
Unread 12-19-2006, 04:02 PM   #4
Songman
1990 FSJ Wagoneer 

You are correct, the curve at the top rear of the full door is different than the top rear of the half door with soft windows. From what I have read here, full doors will not seal correctly with a soft top, and the half door soft windows won't work with a hard top.

Now, I have heard recently of a local person putting TJ door tops on their YJ half doors and it worked with their hard top. I don't know this to be true but it is what I was told.
Songman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-19-2006, 06:39 PM   #5
SimonTuffGuy
[I'm That Good]

I'm going this route... An OEM soft top with the square uppers (and 1/2 doors) and an OEM hardtop with Bestop hard upper door sliders that fit on the 1/2 door as well.

My uppers should be here this week to try it out! That saves finding hard doors, painting, matching, having keys made or getting rekeyed, alignment, etc, etc, etc.
Unread 12-19-2006, 07:24 PM   #6
notch4u

you said "full hard"
00 Yamaha Kodiak on 27"s
notch4u is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-20-2006, 08:13 AM   #7
kwikshift
1993 YJ Wrangler 

The PO of my jeep put on a new drivers door, but it looks to be possibly a TJ door. The side mirrors are in a different place and the locking assembly and stuff seem to be different, also it's just 1 large window rather than the main window and the little vent window. So all these little differences make me think its not a YJ door. I have a '93.

I get a pretty noticable whistle at highway speeds from around the door and it doesn't seem to sit tight and flush when closed. I have the YJ doors also but not on the jeep, however they are rusted out pretty bad along the window. Both sets are full doors.

So in a push it seems like they will work, but maybe not optimal.
Unread 12-20-2006, 08:19 AM   #8
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

Can you link a pic so we can see what it looks like.

Congenital Heart Disease is a reality for me, BOTH of my children have it. Please read up and become aware for future generations

Lydia Ann-Acquired 08/05/05 Open Heart surgery 08/10/05
Jacob Patrick-Acquired 01/17/08 Open Heart surgery 02/15/08
rustywrangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-20-2006, 08:43 AM   #9
chico166
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwikshift
The PO of my jeep put on a new drivers door, but it looks to be possibly a TJ door. The side mirrors are in a different place and the locking assembly and stuff seem to be different, also it's just 1 large window rather than the main window and the little vent window. So all these little differences make me think its not a YJ door. I have a '93.

I get a pretty noticable whistle at highway speeds from around the door and it doesn't seem to sit tight and flush when closed. I have the YJ doors also but not on the jeep, however they are rusted out pretty bad along the window. Both sets are full doors.

So in a push it seems like they will work, but maybe not optimal.
My '93 has full metal doors and has the wind glass in them. I may be wrong, but I don't think they went away from the wind glasses until '97. I had a '96 XJ and it had the wind glasses but they weren't designed to open
chico166 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.