FULL DOORS WITH SOFT TOP? QUESTION - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > FULL DOORS WITH SOFT TOP? QUESTION

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 04-01-2002, 12:08 PM   #1
itsajeepthing

FULL DOORS WITH SOFT TOP? QUESTION

I just got an '89 YJ Sahara. It came with hard and soft tops as well as full and half doors. I was just wondering why I can't seem to use the full doors when I have the soft top on. The door won't close completely. Just wondering if anyone knows how I can get them on properly.
Thanks!

itsajeepthing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2002, 12:29 PM   #2
Quan

I'm pretty sure its just the shape off the soft top. The hardtop corner is more square than rounded like the soft top is. If you're really set on getting those hard doors on... try a saw

[b][COLOR=green]Green[/color] Jeep Club Member #15[/b]
[b]My Jeep Made Me Broke Club Member #2[/b]

93 YJ I-6 w/ stuff

Keep the [COLOR=blue]greasy[/color] side down
[URL=http://members.cox.net/quanno/ford88.html]FORD 8.8 INFO HERE![/URL]
Quan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2002, 07:27 PM   #3
renegade0351

if the upper right hand corner {drivers side- upper left hand corner for passenger side} of the soft top is square then that is the wrong top for the full steel doors, for the full steel doors the corner has to be round {radius}, if the corner is round then look and see if there is a plastic piece along the windshield where the door closes that forms a seal for the door and windshield if so remove it, the full steel door seals itself along the windshield.
89 sahara, 4.2 , k551 weber, nutter bypass, tuffy stereo security console & under seat security drawer, 4'pro comp & 3'body, front waggy44 w/detroit & 4.88, rear waggy44 w/detroit & 4.88, teralow sye, tw's cv drive shaft {rear}, warn locking hubs, boomerrangs all around, 35x15.50 tsl-sx swampers { love that roar}.
renegade0351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2002, 04:55 PM   #4
renegade0351

hey jeepthing did you get squared away on your doors and top?
89 sahara, 4.2 , k551 weber, nutter bypass, tuffy stereo security console & under seat security drawer, 4'pro comp & 3'body, front waggy44 w/detroit & 4.88, rear waggy44 w/detroit & 4.88, teralow sye, tw's cv drive shaft {rear}, warn locking hubs, boomerrangs all around, 35x15.50 tsl-sx swampers { love that roar}.
renegade0351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2002, 10:25 PM   #5
itsajeepthing

Ya I got it figured out. I just needed to take off the one plastic piece. Thanks for all the help, and enjoy the soft top season!!!
itsajeepthing is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.