Fuel and Temp. Gauge Problem, Please Help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Fuel and Temp. Gauge Problem, Please Help

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 02-15-2014, 08:59 AM   #1
Jeffrey92r
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Fuel and Temp. Gauge Problem, Please Help

I have a 95 wrangler and the gauges work fine until i turn my headlights on. Once I turn my lights on, my fuel gauge will go past E and my temp gauge will exceed 260. If I turn the interior light adjuster thing all the way down, turning my interior lights off, they will read normally again. Also these two gauges are the only ones that don't light up when my interior lights are on. I changed the lightbulb but nothing changed. I only have problems with these two gauges; my tachometer Speedometer oil and battery gauges work fine. If anyone could help me i would greatly appreciate it.

Jeffrey92r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2014, 10:19 AM   #2
sprngrider
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Inspect the flimsy circuits on the back of the gauge cluster. They are possibly shorting out.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.