Fuel Tank Modification ? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Fuel Tank Modification ?

Jeep Grand Cherokee Mirror - Side ViewJeep Grand Cherokee Headlight AssembliesThe Retrofit Source / JW Speaker LED Headlight GROUP BUY!

Unread 04-26-2004, 06:09 AM   #1
Six Shooter

Fuel Tank Modification ?

Been gradually beating away at getting that vent tube out so I can shorten it. I think DC must have used a PVC cement when they installed it. I can not seem to get a good enough grip with needle nose pliers to pull the thing out. Just wondering what kind of problems I would create if I simply pushed the thing into the tank. I imagine the float for the fuel gauge would not like the company, but maybe it wouldn't be an issue. Thought's gentlemen???

Six Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2004, 11:25 AM   #2
4bangerYJ

I used a pair of vise grips. Once they were locked on it pulled out pretty easily. It took a bit of effort to get them to lock on since it is a tight fit.

I wouldn't push the tube inside the tank.
4bangerYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2004, 01:49 PM   #3
BeatAChevy289

Yeah, I'd so no to pusing it in man. That tube isn't incredibly long or anything but say you push it in there and it touches the bottom of the tank before it gets out of the fill spout. Then you've got a bigger problem...you have a tube lodged between your fill spout and the bottom of the tank. Thats never good. He he, Later <><
1966 Ford Mustang, Hi-Po 289 V8, 4:11's, I dare you to race me.
<><
[URL=http://www.cardomain.com/id/blackyj95]Cardomain Site[/URL] (different from the other link)
BeatAChevy289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2004, 06:21 AM   #4
Six Shooter

I finally got the thing out. What a pain in the arse. What was a seemingly easy project sure took it's fair share of time and effort. I'm lucky to have more than one vehicle to drive so I can chip away at these projects and not have to hurry. Thanks for the responses.
Six Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.