Fuel tank hose diagram - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Fuel tank hose diagram

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitClayton Off Road - Come see us at these events!

Unread 08-06-2013, 07:24 PM   #1
KoonassKen
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Fuel tank hose diagram

I've been looking for days now; a while back I saw a diagram of ALL the gas tank hoses on an 89 Wrangler. Can anyone please help me. I have a Chilton's and Hane's manuals but they don't show it. I even went to the dealer to no avail.

KoonassKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2013, 11:57 AM   #2
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

What hoses are you exactly looking for?

Help our dog Bo! https://fundly.com/give-bo-a-chance
Michaelgoesrawr is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2013, 06:05 PM   #3
KoonassKen
1989 YJ Wrangler 

There is about 5 hoses connected to the gas tank. I disconnected most and plugged off but my tank is pressuring up now. I know one went to the carbon canister. Another I was told was a recycle, but I put a Motorcraft 2100 I bought from a guy who used to live in Colorado. Bad experience, I strongly recommend staying away from him, but that's a whole other story. I'm not really sure what any of them (except for the supply) are. I would like to be able to identify them so I can stop my tank from pressurizing.
KoonassKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2013, 06:36 PM   #4
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Sounds like your vent lines are giving you problems. When you put the tank up you gotta be careful not to pinch them. It took me almost a half hour to get that right.

Help our dog Bo! https://fundly.com/give-bo-a-chance
Michaelgoesrawr is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.