Fuel Sending Unit (Part Problem) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Fuel Sending Unit (Part Problem)

Dual Color LED Light Bars White/AmberTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGAlloy USA Still Available

Unread 02-28-2012, 07:59 AM   #1
USMC-0311
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Fuel Sending Unit (Part Problem)

I have a 1991 Wrangler that had been sitting for a while because It was mis-diagnosed.. Anyways I just recently got back from Afghanistan and I want my baby fixed so I can get dirty again. So it came to be that my fuel pump was in terrible shape so I am in the middle of replacing it.. Here is the problem, I need a little black piece that attaches to a little pipe on the end to keep the line from draining when the engine is turned off, it may be called a "stopper". It turned to mush on account of sitting so long without use, I am assuming this. I need help finding one because I have had no luck. I would appreciate anything that turns up. Thanks.

USMC-0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2012, 08:29 AM   #2
Jeepsr4me

Think that is the return line. Stopper just directs the fuel to bottom of tank to keep air bubbles and such from straying all over. it should set in a little cup. I have used a piece of hose to direct it in there.
fuel-pump.jpg  
Jeepsr4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2012, 08:49 AM   #3
USMC-0311
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Okay awesome, I will give that a try and see how it does. Thanks alot!
USMC-0311 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1991 yj , fuel , sending unit , stopper

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.