Fuel pump sending unit - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Fuel pump sending unit

Ruffstuff XJ Unirail Channel Reinforcement....Rugged Ridge Modular XHD Snorkel Now for both 3.8L and 3.6RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 08-16-2011, 12:10 PM   #1
92renegade
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Fuel pump sending unit

I found a fuel leak on the metal lines that run into the fuel pump sending unit. Right at the top where they bend 90 degrees into the top of the tank .Is there a way to replace those? I see dorman makes some replacement lines, but I don't see how you would seal the lines after replacing them. Where would be the cheapest palce to purchase just the sending unit? I have the plastic 20 gallon tank.

92renegade is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-17-2011, 01:22 AM   #2
yjluv
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I ran into the same thing about 8 months ago. I wanted to somehow fix the problem with attaching new lines but couldn't figure out how to do it. I ended up buying a sending unit/ fuel pump at a local salvage yard for $75. I bought one first on e bay but it ended up being in worse shape than my original. Good luck!
yjluv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2011, 09:12 AM   #3
92renegade
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Well after no luck finiding a used sending unit or a resonable priced one,I decided to fix mine for a total of $11 and about an hour of my time. I will try to write up the details as much as possible to save fellow jeep owners money.
92renegade is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2011, 09:20 AM   #4
oldtime_ironman
Web Wheeler
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92renegade View Post
Well after no luck finiding a used sending unit or a resonable priced one,I decided to fix mine for a total of $11 and about an hour of my time. I will try to write up the details as much as possible to save fellow jeep owners money.
Hey, another NY Jeeper! Yes, please do a write-up, it sounds like a good idea!
oldtime_ironman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2011, 10:17 AM   #5
leadsled01
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Local guy will rebuild/retube sending units. Radiator shops sometimes will work on sending units too.
leadsled01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.