Fuel Pump !!! No Pressure at Fuel Rail!!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Fuel Pump !!! No Pressure at Fuel Rail!!!

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueThanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals at JeepinOutf

Unread 11-18-2002, 10:36 PM   #1
turfman*

Fuel Pump !!! No Pressure at Fuel Rail!!!

I need Help !

'92 4.0 Wrangler
Changed Fuel filter and fuel pump. Tried to start it and bleed off air at the injector fuel line. I had pressure than the fuel rail had no pressure...
Checked fuel filter direction flow arrow face to front looks ok. Dropped the tank checked hook up, and replace fuel pump with another new one.
Turn key on fuel pump will pump than goes off, still know pressure at the injector fuel rail.....
any areas I'm missing????
I don't think fuel line is blocked. fuel pump does not fill fuel line with fuel ???

turfman* is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-18-2002, 11:17 PM   #2
lostboy

Fuel pump will shut off when it senses no demand. Tip I got was to turn key,wait for pump to shut off, bleed rail....repeat several times until fuel flows steadily...it may take several tries to bleed the fuel rail
Unread 11-18-2002, 11:26 PM   #3
lostboy

Before I get beat up on here,let me clarify.
The fuel pump actually pulses.When fuel is not flowing to the injectors,there is back pressure in the line and the fuel pump will shut down. Same thing with air in the line...too much back pressure and the fuel pump shuts down until the pressure is released.
It's the job of the fuel pressure regulator and the fuel return line to keep the rail at a constant pressure under different demands.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.