Is this a Fuel Problem? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Is this a Fuel Problem?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNew jk doors from steinjagerEliminate Hood Flutter!!!

Unread 11-14-2010, 02:29 PM   #1
gumby843

Is this a Fuel Problem?

I have a 95 Wrangler 4 cyl. Just the other day i was driving on the hwy and the check engine light came on. I was driving at 55 mph. About 2 minutes later the jeep felt like it was going to stall. It shuddered/studdered. I tried shifting to nuetral and gunning it, but that didnt help. I shut it off and it cranked right back up and didnt do it again. But this morning after i had already driven about 25-30 miles it did it again. Not sure what the problem is. Anyone have this problem or know how to fix it!?

gumby843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2010, 03:08 PM   #2
GottaYJ
1995 YJ Wrangler 

what cel codes came up?
GottaYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2010, 03:38 PM   #3
gumby843

i am getting the following codes:
33- a/c clutch relay- no a/c- so not worried about it
51- lean air/fuel ratio condition?????
27-????
22- engine coolant temp- temp runs good.

any suggestions? before i go and relpace the fuel filter.
Thanks Kevin
gumby843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2010, 03:54 PM   #4
GottaYJ
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Well, if you haven't changed the fuel filter in a while it might be due and its cheap and easy to do. It also sounds like your o2 sensor in the down pipe may be acting up or being tripped by the coolant temp sensor since that can mess up the engine timing creating a lean condition. I have had code 27 for a faulty fuel injector, but in your case just make sure all the connections to the injectors are secure. Hope this helps and before you do anything expensive wait for others to chime in cause I could be wrong.
GottaYJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuel , studering

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.