Fuel Pressure at rest - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Fuel Pressure at rest

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 03-03-2013, 06:33 PM   #1
idskot
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Fuel Pressure at rest

Hey, all. In early January (2 months, let's say) my axle strap in the rear busted. In lieu of adding a band-aid, I decided to swap in an 8.8. That took time. Today I got the mounting hardware welded on.

My main question is this: prior to January, my Jeep would start instantly. After it sat for about a month with out starting, it took a few seconds to turn over. After that, every week when I'd start it, I had to prime the fuel pump a few times (Turn the key on, then off, then back on so the fuel pump builds up pressure).

Today, I drove it to my friend's house to get welded, in the 5 hours it took for us to quit our BS and actually work, it lost fuel pressure again and I had to crank it for a few seconds for it to start.

Any ideas? Bad fuel pressure regulator?

idskot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2013, 08:30 AM   #2
idskot
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Bump?
idskot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2013, 12:03 PM   #3
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Bleed down fuel pressure test and see if it stays above 20psi after 20 minutes.
Que89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.