fuel pressure regulator - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > fuel pressure regulator

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 03-22-2012, 04:06 PM   #1
marvinb
1991 YJ Wrangler 

fuel pressure regulator

Anyone who has done a V8 swap in there YJ and is running a carb.. How are you delivering fuel? Im running a stock manual fuel pump on my 305 and am pulling fuel thru my electric fuel pump which is causing a fuel starve issue..

If anyone is running there stock electric fuel pump, and a big honkin fuel pressure regulator, what regulator are you guys using? Part#?

Ive searched for several days now and i cant find a particular thread where anyone has given a part # or a particular brand.. but i have seen where people suggest a big ol honkin regulator..

any help would be appreciated

Unread 03-22-2012, 07:42 PM   #2
superj
1987 YJ Wrangler 

use the holley regulator. sorry, i don;t have the number off hand but just go to the autoparts place and tell them you want the holley regulator with two outlets that is chrome and adjusts from 2-8psi. or use the stock 4.2 fuel filter that has two outlets and let the excess fuel run back to the tank. that is how mine is set up right now. i bought the holley electric fuel pump and mounted it on the fender and then was going to run it to the regulator but found out i had a return line so put a tee with the excess pressure bleeding back in to the tank. i still have the regulator and its like 30 bucks from oreily's.

and not to mislead you, i don;t have a v8
Unread 03-22-2012, 07:43 PM   #3
superj
1987 YJ Wrangler 

http://www.livernoismotorsports.com/...Universal.html

here you go
Unread 03-22-2012, 08:19 PM   #4
4.7stroker
1988 YJ Wrangler 

I am using a intank pump with a return style filter without a regulator. The return style filter stops you from blowing the needle off of the seat and the electric pump works great with my carb.
Just say NO to FPR's

Dwayne
4.7stroker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2012, 09:54 PM   #5
superj
1987 YJ Wrangler 

i agree
Unread 03-23-2012, 12:15 PM   #6
wendell
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I just ordered a holley fuel reg from summit for my holley 4 barrel on my 258.
wendell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-24-2012, 06:27 AM   #7
marvinb
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Update:
Did a little work to the jeep yesterday, installed a clear bowl fuel filter and a inline fuel pressure gauge up close to the carb. I also swapped fuel lines. Lemme explain fuel lines. On another thread a gentleman suggested using the
Return line as my primary fuel line to see if unrestricted flow would cure my "cutting out" issue. Well, it did!! The jeep has yet to "cut out" on me at all. Now I know that using the return line may not be the best fix, but it's working quite well so far. The gentleman who suggested the return line said that line should go all the way to the bottom of the tank. He was right. After some searching on the Internet for fuel sending units to see how they were made I came across one that was shown in an exploded view with the gas tank and in the bottom of said tank there was a small three sided raised area where the return line set into with what is called a stopper. So, return line swap was on.
So, here's where I'm at.
Had a fuel starving issue- fixed as of now
Had some nasty spark plugs-installed new Bosch platinum 4's
Running hot issue- swapped in a new 180* thermostat and a new electric fan

Thanks for info from everyone who replied to this thread or others I've started about this issue.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.