Fuel Pressure - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Fuel Pressure

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?

Unread 08-11-2013, 11:08 AM   #1
Hilblee
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Fuel Pressure

First---89 YJ with 93 HO 4.0---Jeep runs great once started.

I've had this problem since I bought my jeep and thought it was time to fix. I have to prime the pump 2 cycles and then shortly turn the motor once and back off then it will start. The pump will only cycle approx .5 seconds before stopping. I checked the fuel pressure and all was good while running but as soon as the key goes to off, it drops immediately to zero. Changed the fuel press regulator but no fix. Thought the check valve in the fuel pump was probably bad. Dropped the tank and changed the pump. Still drops to zero immediately and the prime cycle is still about a half a second.
Ive read on hear that a pressure drain over a couple minutes is a leaking injector but mine is instant.

Why is the prime cycle so short and why does my fuel pressure drop so fast? There are no leaks between the pump and the fuel rail.

Hilblee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2013, 02:02 PM   #2
Hilblee
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Nobody??
Unread 08-12-2013, 03:11 PM   #3
GrantYJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

We have very different equipment ('92 2.5L MPFI here), but mine also has a very short prime (like yours). As for the immediate pressure drop ...it sounds like you've already addressed any suggestions that I would've made.
“The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test. If the machine produces tranquility it's right. If it disturbs you it's wrong until either the machine or your mind is changed.” ― Robert M. Pirsig, Zen And The Art Of Motorcycle Maintenance: An Inquiry Into Values
GrantYJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.