fuel lines question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > fuel lines question

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 01-08-2012, 04:56 PM   #1
JUNKYARDDOG01
1994 YJ Wrangler 

fuel lines question

i dropped my tank today to replace the fuel hoses from the fuel pump to the car. i ran into an issue where i couldnt remove the lines because they were routed in between the chassis and body. someone suggested i loosen the bolts to the body and jack it up.. well i did and it worked.

i routed the lines back through without the foam padding. put everything together and the car started but shuts off within seconds....

do you guys think i pinched a hose routing it through the chasis again or other issues. i hear the pump kick on? i did not disconnect the battery, my mistake but i dont think i blew a fuse??

any suggestions would be appreciated. i prob have to drop the tank again to check the lines aren kinked huh??

JUNKYARDDOG01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2012, 07:34 PM   #2
MJDriver

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Double check that you didn't kink the line from the pump to the crossmember space and over to the hard lines, when you put the tank back in. I duct taped mine into the space relieved into the top of the tank. I also removed the rubber block that the lines ran through (yours is foam) in the cross member. The space was so tight I had to coat the lines in vaseline to get them to squish through. Also, give enough slack to make the bends easy and no sharp angles.

Good luck.
MJDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2012, 05:41 AM   #3
nembudonna
1990 YJ Wrangler 

You have to drop the tank. It sounds like you pinched the fuel line somewhere.
nembudonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2012, 08:16 AM   #4
JUNKYARDDOG01
1994 YJ Wrangler 

i think so..dropping it tonight ahrrg. at least i can say ive done 3x!!! lol thanks for the info..by the way you guys dont think, the lines are pinched in between the chassis do you??
JUNKYARDDOG01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.