fuel issues - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > fuel issues

Thanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals at JeepinOutfIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBlack Friday- Cyber Monday Deals at jeepHut

Unread 07-22-2013, 11:01 AM   #1
kaitlynsdad
1992 YJ Wrangler 

fuel issues

ok so here is what i got iv got a 1992 yj and i put a 4.0 out of a 2000 cherokee in it and the problem is my original 4 banger had a return fuel line and this 4.0 has no return fuel line so i put a brass t in the supply line and a piece of hose to a needle vavle hooked back to the return line then i turn the fuel pump on to build pressure and once the pressure builds up you can here the fuel pump bog down i then open the needle valve to let some of the pressure return to the tank and it runs fine like this but i done killed three fuel pumps in 4 months luckly the warranty covered them i looked at the fuel pump for a 2000 cherokee and my 1992 fuel pump is way different so i guess what i have to do is get a gas tank for a 2000 jeep and the fuel pump so has any body this problem before thnxs for any input

kaitlynsdad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2013, 04:55 PM   #2
Tarpo
1988 YJ Wrangler 

After my swap I just capped the return line. Then installed an inline pump, and installed a vented gas cap.

Works just fine for me, runs like a champ.
Unread 07-27-2013, 08:39 AM   #3
ronnorman6
1996 XJ Cherokee 

have u changed the fuel pressure regulator bc that might be putting to much pressure on the pump not allowing it to flow correctly
ronnorman6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-27-2013, 08:46 AM   #4
billybooster2
1983 CJ8 

Later years use 48psi, older 4.0 about 38. So change regulator to a chrysler mid-late minivan.
billybooster2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.