Fuel Injectors - JeepForum.com
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 46 Old 07-25-2016, 06:58 PM Thread Starter
calpbs
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Fuel Injectors

I have read that 4 hole injectors off a NEON are a nice upgrade from the factory single hole injectors. No better economy but throttle response is noticeable. I am assuming PT cruisers are the same as NEONs so what years will work or will all years work? Does anyone have experience with this?

I have done so much with so little for so long, I can do anything with nothing forever.

Charlie Lamar
Ringgold, GA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 46 Old 07-26-2016, 06:52 AM
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Look at this thread and follow the link posted.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/i...grade-1433205/
post #3 of 46 Old 07-26-2016, 08:30 AM
tom_sprecher
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Does the 2.5 and the 4.0 use the same injectors? The fuel system from the fuel filter to the injectors is the only major system I have not gone through and will next winter.

Tom

post #4 of 46 Old 07-26-2016, 03:59 PM Thread Starter
calpbs
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Que89YJ View Post
Look at this thread and follow the link posted.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/i...grade-1433205/
Excellent link and I may have access to some of those. I could not link into the 4 banger forum without joining so I did not read that link, I have th HO 4.0. Going to pull them and maybe post pics before I install.

I have done so much with so little for so long, I can do anything with nothing forever.

Charlie Lamar
Ringgold, GA
post #5 of 46 Old 07-26-2016, 04:30 PM
shaggyjim
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I just Installed some Bosh EV6 four hole injectors a few weeks ago on my 4.0l. My old injectors were still in good shape and clean and clear of deposits. I must say I haven't noticed any improvement in power or fuel economy but my Jeep sure starts and idles nicer now.

Jim...

"That's more fun than watching a hippie get mauled by a bear!"
post #6 of 46 Old 07-27-2016, 06:21 AM Thread Starter
calpbs
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggyjim View Post
I just Installed some Bosh EV6 four hole injectors a few weeks ago on my 4.0l. My old injectors were still in good shape and clean and clear of deposits. I must say I haven't noticed any improvement in power or fuel economy but my Jeep sure starts and idles nicer now.
One of the things I have read on this forum is the heat cycles take a toll on the the injector O-rings and that they periodically need replacing. I replaced them on an old jeep before but it was along a bunch of other mods so I don't remember. It may be that the new seal on the injectors is all the improvement there will be. It makes sense that fuel dispersion and atomization would be better. I don't see a down side.

Charlie Lamar
Ringgold, GA
post #7 of 46 Old 08-01-2016, 01:56 PM
kg6mov
Hears the voices

1996 ZJ 

There are two replaceable parts on our (and the neon) injectors that matter.

The o-rings, and the filters. You can try just replacing those on your current injectors to see if it helps: http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-Cylinder-T...tWZmoN&vxp=mtr

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1984 F250, 460 BB, T19, work truck/future tow pig
1987 Mercedes 300D Turbo, the diesel daily, 30mpg in style

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas ZJ1 View Post
I heard someone yell "mall crawler" from the back porch. I'll go see who said that. Be right back.
post #8 of 46 Old 08-01-2016, 03:29 PM Thread Starter
calpbs
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg6mov View Post
There are two replaceable parts on our (and the neon) injectors that matter.

The o-rings, and the filters. You can try just replacing those on your current injectors to see if it helps: http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-Cylinder-T...tWZmoN&vxp=mtr
Filters, the in line fuel filter on the frame is the only one I am aware of which I replaced.

Charlie Lamar
Ringgold, GA
post #9 of 46 Old 08-01-2016, 04:59 PM
kg6mov
Hears the voices

1996 ZJ 

There are little screen filters inside the injectors (follow the link, little brass tipped things).

They get buildup on them overtime.

1984 F250, 460 BB, T19, work truck/future tow pig
1987 Mercedes 300D Turbo, the diesel daily, 30mpg in style

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas ZJ1 View Post
I heard someone yell "mall crawler" from the back porch. I'll go see who said that. Be right back.
post #10 of 46 Old 08-01-2016, 05:27 PM
shaggyjim
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
There are little screen filters inside the injectors (follow the link, little brass tipped things).

Jim...

post #11 of 46 Old 08-01-2016, 06:31 PM Thread Starter
calpbs
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Wow thats awesome, I pick up such good info from this forum. I still wonder if the 4 hole injector is not the better option. I love this info

Charlie Lamar
Ringgold, GA
post #12 of 46 Old 08-01-2016, 06:45 PM
shaggyjim
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by calpbs View Post
Wow thats awesome, I pick up such good info from this forum. I still wonder if the 4 hole injector is not the better option. I love this info
If your going to do it get the bosh EV6 four hole injectors. You would be amazed how much better they atomize fuel.

Jim...

post #13 of 46 Old 08-01-2016, 06:55 PM
shaggyjim
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I went with this guy when I got mine. Its a cool video if you have a few.

Jim...

post #14 of 46 Old 08-02-2016, 06:38 AM Thread Starter
calpbs
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggyjim View Post
I went with this guy when I got mine. Its a cool video if you have a few.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIhkGBNIpn8
That is an excellent demonstration and the 4 hole or nozzle effect rings true to my chemical engineering background. I am absolutely sure this guy is not manufacturing new injectors but instead cleaning and testing take-offs. Seems to me that if I am given free injectors and replace the o-ring and filter and run injector cleaner through them I would be $140 to the good.
$160 injectors free
$20 o-ring and filter
$140 value.
I am relatively sure these injectors are not rebuildable so a clean injector is likely to flow virtually identical. I love this type of information.

Charlie Lamar
Ringgold, GA
post #15 of 46 Old 08-02-2016, 08:27 AM Thread Starter
calpbs
1992 YJ Wrangler 

So I am going to investigate the injectors today if it does not rain on me. I am assuming from the pics that the EV6's are yellow and may have a number on them and may not. Most likely they will have some type of Bosch marking. I now am curious as how to get optimal fuel system efficiency. New filters, o-rings, fuel line filter, Injectors. Seems like the only thing left is the fuel pressure regulator. Is it better to stay with the stock regulator or get an adjustable one? Does a few pounds of pressure really make much of a difference? As I could be considered old School what is the prevailing opinion. Final question, who else sells the injector screens other than ebay, Advance or auto zone?

Charlie Lamar
Ringgold, GA

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.