Fuel Injector Wiring - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Fuel Injector Wiring

Bilstein Shock Upgrade Kits, Jeep JK TJ XJ Wranglers and CJeep Wrangler Complete Gear Upgrade Kits with Installs andStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 01-07-2014, 09:22 PM   #1
thE_iyE

Fuel Injector Wiring

Is the fuel injection of the 1995 2.5l sequential, batch, or simultaneous? If it's sequential, how can I tell which injector is which? I'm doing my headgasket in an emergency situation. I've got to use it tomorrow. Please help.

thE_iyE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2014, 09:55 PM   #2
thE_iyE

nvm. I don't expect you guys to know anyway. I'm dealing with the engine, not the tires.
Unread 01-08-2014, 03:36 AM   #3
jsawduste
Web Wheeler
2006 YJ Wrangler 

First off it is sequential.
Second your the dummy for not having marked the wire colors and position before you disconnected everything.
Third you should be able to figure it out via how the wiring is taped and wire length. At least close enough to make it run.
Fourth while I have both the manual and the CD you have not even bothered to fill out your profile so why should I jump through any hoops ?
Fifth there are references to the factory shop manual (FSM) link posted here almost every week. Which would have your wiring diagrams.
Sixth I can be a real dick.
jsawduste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2014, 03:44 AM   #4
Mark05059
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsawduste View Post
Sixth I can be a real dick.
I don't think that you needed to add this one.. I could have answered him but since he was a dick I didn't bother. Im actually amazed someone actually helped him at all. Im thinking he has spent way too much time on another forum site who will be nameless.

1989 Wrangler Black Bone Stock 2.5l 5spd
/l , [____],
|---L--[]lllllll[]-
()_) ()_)==O=)_)
Mark05059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2014, 06:52 AM   #5
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

LOL. I only deal with tires! I can understand frustration but that is a screwed up attitude! John, I can appreciate your response. Here is a link to the on line factory manual for the wiring. The green red is common power to all the injectors. The ecu ground switches the injectors so that is the wire that tells you where it goes:
http://www.jeep4x4center.com/knowled...ex.htm#service
4.0l-ecu-connector.jpg  
Que89YJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2014, 07:30 AM   #6
jsawduste
Web Wheeler
2006 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Que89YJ View Post
LOL. I only deal with tires! I can understand frustration but that is a screwed up attitude! John, I can appreciate your response. Here is a link to the on line factory manual for the wiring. The green red is common power to all the injectors. The ecu ground switches the injectors so that is the wire that tells you where it goes:
http://www.jeep4x4center.com/knowled...ex.htm#service
And Darryl wears wings on his back. This guy is unflappable.

In any case thanks for the kind words guys.

What tire should I run ?
Unread 01-08-2014, 08:03 AM   #7
1320yj

He not only got impatient after only 30 minutes
He got rude when he didnt get an immediate answer.
He also did the same exact thing on another jeep website.
What a way to get help and make friends.
1320yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2014, 08:27 AM   #8
jsawduste
Web Wheeler
2006 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320yj View Post
He not only got impatient after only 30 minutes
He got rude when he didnt get an immediate answer.
He also did the same exact thing on another jeep website.
What a way to get help and make friends.
I can understand being in a time crunch and all. But dam before the wrench's start flying you gotta have a game plan. Which would mean marking or taking notes of the wiring.
Unread 01-08-2014, 08:36 AM   #9
1320yj

After bending wrenches for over 35 years I have tore down more engines than I care to admit.
I never had the need to find out what injector wire went where, wiring harnesses are laid out where injector placement is self evident.I just looked at my 95 2.5 and it is so simple a caveman could do it.Maybe he just hasnt evolved that far yet.
1320yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2014, 08:39 AM   #10
jsawduste
Web Wheeler
2006 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsawduste View Post
Third you should be able to figure it out via how the wiring is taped and wire length. At least close enough to make it run.
Yup
Unread 01-08-2014, 08:42 AM   #11
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Yound and learning. I am glad to see younger people under the hood. When we were kids the Highschools all had autoshops and we were always turning a wrench on our vehicles. Not any more. Most of the schools drop the shop classes with budget crunches everywhere and the vehicles are too complicated or the ambition isnt there do do the work. I am glad to see him turning a wrench. I just wish he had the patience that comes with age.
Unread 01-08-2014, 10:18 AM   #12
thE_iyE

I saw people posting. That's for the impatience. I also searched for nearly three hours while I was putting other things back-together. I'm sorry for the impatience, I really needed it today, but it got to me that it was taking so long. Thirty minutes doesn't seem like a long time, but it does at 9:30 PM MST when you're in a hurry to get your engine back together. I'm not building the engine to run another 200k, I'm building to run till I can get another car that's not rusting-out the bottom. I've posted several things to several forums that never got answers and I could only assume it was outside understanding because when I'm on a forum that I know I can participate-in in a meaningful way, I post whatever I can.
The other engines I've built are simultaneous, so I didn't think of marking the injectors, but even at that, I did take detailed pictures before starting, you just don't get wire color when it's time to start putting things back together. The wire lengths are exactly the same.
Unread 01-08-2014, 10:30 AM   #13
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

There are a bunch of good peeps here and you will get help here if you are patient. There are some people that are better at certain things. My forte is electrical so for the most part that is where I post my help. I know what it's like to be in a pinch and not have what you need. There is a bunch of info in the threads and the search on the forum can be a PITA. There is a better way to google search the forum for info. This thread will explain how:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/f...oogle-1003734/

The rust is a common problem. If its just the drivers floor then there are easy fixes for it too.
Welcome to the forum.
Unread 01-17-2014, 04:41 PM   #14
thE_iyE

The wiring in the diagram doesn't match-up with the wires in my system, or it doesn't seem to. I put the yellow-wired plug in the #4 injector and the tan-wired plug in the #3 injector, and I'm pretty sure those two are good, but the first two don't match-up in color at all... but I also don't know what LG and LB means. I think it means light green and light blue, but I don't know. Any info on that?
Can wiring the injectors wrong cause gas leakage into the crank-case? Also, I'm having a hell of a time undoing the connector for the injectors, what's the best way to do that? Thanks for the help.
Unread 01-18-2014, 04:15 AM   #15
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Wiring the injectors wrong will definitely put gas into the crank case. If you are not able to match the writer colors up the schematic for the ecu and the location of the injector in the connector will be right so you can look at the connector at the ecu and see what color wire is going to each injector.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.