Fuel injector question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Fuel injector question

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 10-10-2002, 12:35 PM   #1
Jay-P
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Fuel injector question

Does anyone know if the ECM totally kills an engine if it isn't recieving a signal from one of the injectors? Will it just kill the motor to prevent any type of internal damage from an extremely lean cylinder?

I've been having a stalling problem with my jeep for the last little while. I finally broke down and took it to the dealer and they came up with a code for a loose connection to one of the injectors. They fixxed that and have had no stalling issues with the jeep since.

The only thing i'm worried about is that the jeep will run fine from time to time, then start to stall out again (no sputtering, or rough running like i would acssociate with no fuel to one cylinder). I just hope this isn't what is happening with it now at the dealership, then when i get it home it will start to stall again.

Any ideas?

Unread 10-10-2002, 10:48 PM   #2
Jay-P
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Original posts on this whole issue can be seen here, and here.

If anyone has any input for me it would be much appreciated.

Thx.
Jay-P is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.