Fuel injector question - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 10-10-2002, 12:35 PM Thread Starter
Jay-P
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Fuel injector question

Does anyone know if the ECM totally kills an engine if it isn't recieving a signal from one of the injectors? Will it just kill the motor to prevent any type of internal damage from an extremely lean cylinder?

I've been having a stalling problem with my jeep for the last little while. I finally broke down and took it to the dealer and they came up with a code for a loose connection to one of the injectors. They fixxed that and have had no stalling issues with the jeep since.

The only thing i'm worried about is that the jeep will run fine from time to time, then start to stall out again (no sputtering, or rough running like i would acssociate with no fuel to one cylinder). I just hope this isn't what is happening with it now at the dealership, then when i get it home it will start to stall again.

Any ideas?

1992 YJ + 2012 JKUR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 10-10-2002, 10:48 PM Thread Starter
Jay-P
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Original posts on this whole issue can be seen here, and here.

If anyone has any input for me it would be much appreciated.

Thx.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.