Fuel Injection - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Fuel Injection

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Ruffstuff 3 Link Kit!The Ruffstuff Optima Battery Box!

Unread 05-22-2001, 05:05 PM   #1
Loomis4wheeler

Fuel Injection

I'm planning to add Fuel Injection to my 87. I'm not sure if I'm going to install TBI or multi-port. Has anyone installed either of these kits? The factor is cost, the multi-port runs about $2100, compared to the TBI at $1200.
Thx in advance for your inputs.

Loomis4wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2001, 02:43 AM   #2
lostboy

Just got the Mopar racing catalog and it's 1695 for the kit minus the harmonic balancer for the MPI. I heard someone got the whole kit with everything at Summit Racing for about 1600. I'm chompin at the bit to get my hands on this one for my '89.
Just waitin for the weather to clear up here to check the engine and see if it will handle it. Keep in mind this is only for the parts.Install is extra.Good info at http://www.jps.net/todherman/moparmpi.htm
Unread 05-23-2001, 05:34 PM   #3
Loomis4wheeler

Lostboy, thx for the web site. Those are some of the best write-ups I have seen yet. Very well done. If anyone has questions about fuel injection systems, I highly recommend the web site lostboy identified.
Loomis4wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2001, 03:37 AM   #4
lostboy

Loomis...Just checked my engine today and it looks like a good candiddate for the mod .Gonna call around on Tuesday for the best price.
Cylinders are all about 140 compression and vacuum is pullin 21 with no fluctuation. This is on a motor with 122000 miles. GOODBYE CARTER.
Plannin(hopeing) i can get the 4.0 conversion done soon too.
Unread 05-28-2001, 01:02 PM   #5
osburn
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I have a couple of friends running the JFI kit and one running the Mopar kit. When they're working, all three work fabulous. But the JFI kit seems to have more trouble. One of the real problems are those thousand tiny little jumper wires. Some will work loose over time and it's a nightmare trying to figure out what went wrong. JFI's customer service has been a bit of a problem too. I guess they treat anyone with a problem like they're an idiot for not knowing what the problem is. Even though they've failed to identify the problem themselves in each case. The fellow running the Mopar kit has never had a single problem.
osburn is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.