Fuel Gauge Tick - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Fuel Gauge Tick

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 06-08-2012, 06:30 AM   #1
JDel
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Fuel Gauge Tick

Hey Everyone!

I've owned my jeep for about a month now and after doing all the standard tune up stuff i'm starting to work on things that might take a little more time. My fuel guage is the first on my list. when running, the guage jumps all over the place and I couldn't tell how much fuel I had in the tank. yesterday I changed out the pigtail that goes from the tank to the guage, it was all corroded inside so i thought that would do the trick, it didn't and it still has a slight tick. any ideas what this could be? has anyone else had this problem?

JDel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2012, 08:36 AM   #2
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Everyone who owns a Jeep! If the guage is reading accurate with a slight "tick" then you are way way ahead of most of us. Many of us clock the fuel level against the miles driven. One though is the tick could be an issue with the radio coupling to the harness. Does it bounce with the key on(engine not running) and the radio and all the accessories off? One more issue that is common is corrosion on the cluster. look at this:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/r...er-how-991307/
Que89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2012, 08:42 AM   #3
E-TICKETRIDE
1990 YJ Wrangler 

X2

When I bought mine it was terrible. New radio installed and works like new.

Tags
fuel , fuel gauge

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.