Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Fuel filter hose size??

9K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  tufmar 
#1 ·
Anybody know the diameter and size of the tubing going into the fuel filter....I need to replace them and would rather find out by not having to dis-connect the old lines....

#2 ·
IIRC one of the hoses has different inlet and outlet sizes and I want to say it is the hose from the tank to the fuel filter. It is also a molded 90 degree hose which is only available at the dealer, if they are able to still get it.

What I ended up doing was slightly bending the mounting bracket so that the inlet to the filter pointed more upwards, thus removing the need for the 90* bend. I then just used a a piece of 3/8" injector hose and clamped it down. On the filter side of the hose it's a bit tight, but it will go on with a little persuasion.

#4 ·
go pick up some 5/16" FUEL INJECTION hose from the auto store. They don't produce the 90* bend piece anymore. You need to make sure that the straight piece you use doesn't kink for obvious reasons. Try and tighten the fuel filter as far forward to increase the amount of room you have for the bend. There are two different fittings you'll be pushing the hose onto however it will work. 5/16" is the size for the smaller of the nipples. You might also pick up some fuel injection clamps as opposed to hose clamps. The difference is hose clamps have those slotted openings which can tear into the fuel line. Fuel injection clamps are solid and smooth to prevent that. Be sure to release the pressure in the line:laugh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.