Front Ujoint replace - skid plate remove necessary? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Front Ujoint replace - skid plate remove necessary?

Jeep Grand Cherokee Mirror - Side ViewJeep Grand Cherokee Headlight AssembliesThe Retrofit Source / JW Speaker LED Headlight GROUP BUY!

Unread 03-07-2007, 09:10 AM   #1
FlatsCrawler

Front Ujoint replace - skid plate remove necessary?

I forget since the last time I replaced my front DS U-joint...do you need to remove the skidplate
?
I know that you can detach the DSS from the TC yoke easily enuough w/o removing skid plate, can I simply pull the front ds out of the front diff and work on replacing the u-joint off the vehicle?
Replaced it a year ago but there is some play and with the RE XD 4.5" lift I wanted to put a beefier joint in to fit the rest of the lift, cv, sye, etc.

Thanks

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/christ...tscrawler3.htm

/l , [____],
[___lL---[]lllllll[]-

()_) ()_)---o-)_)
FlatsCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2007, 09:31 AM   #2
Richmond88yj
Eat, Sleep, Jeep

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Easy to do, don't need to drop the skid.

5/32 bolt or 8MM both fit just about perfect. both ends have the bolt/strap combo.
Richmond88yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2007, 09:36 AM   #3
FlatsCrawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richmond 88 YJ
Easy to do, don't need to drop the skid.

5/32 bolt or 8MM both fit just about perfect. both ends have the bolt/strap combo.

Thanks bud
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/christ...tscrawler3.htm

/l , [____],
[___lL---[]lllllll[]-

()_) ()_)---o-)_)
FlatsCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.