Front Trans Seal - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Front Trans Seal

Ring & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, BaBilstein Blowout Sale - 4 5100 Series Shocks $309.99 shippSALE PRICING, Specials, Huge Savings Alloy USA and Posi-Lo

Unread 04-12-2007, 10:49 AM   #1
Jim Piszar
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Front Trans Seal

I will be putting my new engine in this weekend and was wondering if I should replace the front Transmission seal as long as the engine was out. It doesn't seam to be leaking. Is it difficult to change the front seal? The torque converter is still in the transmission.

jim

Jim Piszar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2007, 11:15 AM   #2
the dit
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I should not be hard, but in the past I never bothered. If you do replace it make sure to get the converter fully seated back in, it can be tricky.
the dit is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.