Front track/sway bar removal pics(repetitive/redundant questions merged here as well) - Page 59 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Front track/sway bar removal pics(repetitive/redundant questions merged here as well)

BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!XJ Rail Sale!

Unread 05-04-2013, 11:28 PM   #871
iCoors
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 102joe

I get your point any ides what my be screwed , I run polyurethane bushings , Shackles W/ a center support ,Sprung under . So your right it shouldn't sway but it does .
I may pull it tomorrow to see if its as bad as I remember . its ben a few years .
Sorry Coors not trying to steel your thread
You ain't stealing my thread. I won't be really taking it off roading a ton just cruising really on the main roads. So should I put it back on?

iCoors is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-04-2013, 11:30 PM   #872
102joe
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
Stop by my shop next time yore in the valley, I will be sure to take a look at it for you.
Thanks Ill do that ,

Damit Sorry again Coors

NO REALY ,, IT IS HIP TO BE SQUAIR
102joe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-04-2013, 11:31 PM   #873
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCoors View Post
You ain't stealing my thread. I won't be really taking it off roading a ton just cruising really on the main roads. So should I put it back on?
No. I ran my YJ with no trackbars no sway bar....never had a problem, whether crawling on the trail or doing 75 on the hwy.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-04-2013, 11:43 PM   #874
iCoors
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06

No. I ran my YJ with no trackbars no sway bar....never had a problem, whether crawling on the trail or doing 75 on the hwy.
I will be giving it a shot like I said. My other problem is either the clutch not disengaging or it's bad or synchros or tranny I don't know yet....
iCoors is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-05-2013, 12:47 AM   #875
Luuca
Professional Novice

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post
I'm really conservative when it comes to safety and modding our YJ mainly because my daughter drives it daily - street and freeway. I removed both the front and rear track bars and have never regretted it for one second. The Jeep rides better, is smoother over bumps, and removal did not degenerate the Jeep in ANY way.

I do; however, recommend keeping the sway bar on for frequent freeway driving. It's a dad thing and a smart safety thing. In Southern California, you never know when someone is going to text-steer into your lane at 70 MPH.
91 YJ "Alice" 2.5L AX5 D30/35 -Busted Knuckles Yellow Jeep Club #91
05 LJ Rubicon "Ghost" 4" RE Lift 1" BL 33s

TJ FOR SALE
Luuca is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-05-2013, 10:33 AM   #876
Xpress
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luuca View Post
In Southern California, you never know when someone is going to text-steer into your lane at 70 MPH.
Already have had it happen to me, and good thing mine was hooked up. Personally I think you're a couple sandwiches short of a picnic basket if you want to willingly roll around town without a swaybar, but it's not my Jeep.

-1989 Jeep Wrangler 2.5L, soon to be 5.2L
-1996 Jeep Grand Cherokar 5.2L, donor and rainy day driver
-2004 Kawasaki KLR650 sunny day driver
[QUOTE=mudsweatNgearz;21162729]Leave em off and weld an I beam on. Bumperetts just scream homo.[/QUOTE]
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the [B][I]RIGHT[/I][/B] of the people to keep and bear Arms, [B][I]SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED[/I][/B]."
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2013, 04:17 PM   #877
offroadterra
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Just removed my front and rear track bar as well as keeping the front sway bar on. What a world of difference it has made. The nuts actually came loose with no problems. The only problem is figuring out how to get the rear track off. I couldn't get it to come off the pass side top mount. So driver side is zip tied up to the body for now, until I can get back under the jeep.
offroadterra is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2013, 05:48 PM   #878
rodgers3
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroadterra View Post
Just removed my front and rear track bar as well as keeping the front sway bar on. What a world of difference it has made. The nuts actually came loose with no problems. The only problem is figuring out how to get the rear track off. I couldn't get it to come off the pass side top mount. So driver side is zip tied up to the body for now, until I can get back under the jeep.
i have the same problem. the passenger side is frozen and the shock is in the way so i said screw it and tied it out of the way. when i lift it ill cut it out or idk lol
rodgers3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-25-2013, 06:19 PM   #879
stmanser
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sungard View Post
Hi all,

after reading so much about track bars on or off I decided to take it off. On the road & highways I felt comfy and little soft suspension ride.

We went on wheeling in soft sand dunes on 1st April where after wheeling for more then 8 years I flip my rig. It was a shock for every one there that my rig in such a good nick could have this. Me and the passenger came out ok as wearing seat belts. Only the windshield got crashed and nothing major.

Ok, now the garage man, another expert who prepares the rally carts in regard to roll cage and strengthening under carriage told me that because your track bar was not on you got roll over.

My question to you all, is this the fact? just have a look at my jeep and lemme know. Thanks all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMx5XfYWjEc

I am going to say that driving on sand on a hill side is what caused you to roll over. not having the track bar didn't do it.
stmanser is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-25-2013, 07:18 PM   #880
Billy
Unlimited Ammo

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stmanser View Post
I am going to say that driving on sand on a hill side is what caused you to roll over. not having the track bar didn't do it.
My thoughts exactly...

Twitter @dutchoven86
Billy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-25-2013, 09:20 PM   #881
offroadterra
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I agree that the track bars taken off had nothing to do w the rollover.
offroadterra is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-11-2013, 04:33 PM   #882
CBinDC
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Do I need front trac bar?

I'm going from a Rough Country 4" lift to an OME with about 2.5" - 3" of lift. When I "upgraded" to the RC lift I ditched my rear trac but kept the front. In doing so I was instructed to install a Front Trac Bar Bracket (came with the RC Kit) which raised the end of the trac bar up about an inch or so.

With this new Lift do I leave the trac bar as is or remove the Bracket and reposition the trac bar back to it's original position on the axle?

Also, the RC bump stops came with a 4" kit. Do I need another set of bump since I'm going down in lift?

I saw at Quadratec these Skyjacker bump stops that say they're for 2.5 - 4" lifts. Is it ok to assume I can just use the RCs.

Thanks.
CBinDC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-11-2013, 04:52 PM   #883
roadyrob
1987 YJ Wrangler 

if all it raised the bar is 1" you will be fine. the bracket with my 2" BDS raised it about 2". you will have to measure the bump stops when you get the lift on, if they are rubber you should be able to cut them down.

the voices aren't real but they sure have good ideas.
roadyrob is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-11-2013, 05:13 PM   #884
Mark05059
1989 YJ Wrangler 

just throw the bracket and the trac bar in the scrap pile.. you really dont need it

1989 Wrangler Black Bone Stock 2.5l 5spd
/l , [____],
|---L--[]lllllll[]-
()_) ()_)==O=)_)
Mark05059 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-11-2013, 05:16 PM   #885
CBinDC
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark05059 View Post
just throw the bracket and the trac bar in the scrap pile.. you really dont need it
I've heard that but I do a lot of highway traveling. I was told by a friend, who knows a thing or two about Jeeps, to keep the front trac and sway bar.
CBinDC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
bars , remove , steering , sway bar , trac bar , trac-bar , track , track bar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.