Front track/sway bar removal pics(repetitive/redundant questions merged here as well) - Page 57 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Front track/sway bar removal pics(repetitive/redundant questions merged here as well)

ARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan KitsSmittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 04-15-2013, 08:18 AM   #841
UZI4U
1993 YJ Wrangler 

When I removed mine, I broke my bit using a 1/2" drive breaker bar. I put a pair of Vice Grips on the bolt head and they held until I broke the bolt. Once I was done it all went in the scrap pile and I haven't looked back.

Unread 04-15-2013, 08:56 AM   #842
YJames90
1990 YJ Wrangler 

My 2.5 to 4.3 swap thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/4...begun-1237704/
YJames90 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2013, 10:43 AM   #843
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Put the air on the nut, not the bolt.
Unread 04-15-2013, 01:56 PM   #844
diaz425
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Ill try using the t55 and wrench. If that dont work than i guess ill use yjames90 (i really dont want to cut it off but oh well)
diaz425 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2013, 02:39 PM   #845
SeanB95YJ
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YJames90 View Post
hey, that's the exact same wrench I used
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Blue"]Sean B. - Schenectady, NY - 95 YJ, 350/700r4/NP241, JB Shorty SYE, 8.8 rear, 2" BDS, 1" homebrew shackles, Daystar 1" BL, TJ flares, 35x12.50 General Grabber AT2 on 15x10 Bart D-Truckers, Polyshield polycarbonate windshield, HD over/under crossover steering
[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]swap/build thread: [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/after-almost-4-years-finally-my-own-build-swap-thread-1542284/[/url][/COLOR][/FONT]
SeanB95YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2013, 05:46 PM   #846
Reno72
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Just dump the bars!

I'm not done with my rebuild but couldn't wait to take it out. Went to our desert home and got the jeep dirty in The Chocolate Mountains. Going there we go through the mountains up and down a two lane twisting road. This is my first time without the front and rear track bars....what a difference! I thought driving down the winding roads would be a little nerve wracking, but it actually handled the curves better without the bars. With the bars there is no body lean, it's jarring! Without the bars I could accelerate through the turns, the jeep rear end would drop and I could power through the turn. I grew up in the mountains and I love driving winding roads (my wife hates it) and my jeep handles the curves much better without the bars, not to mention how much better it rides on the hwy and off road.
Reno72 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2013, 06:08 PM   #847
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno72 View Post
I'm not done with my rebuild but couldn't wait to take it out. Went to our desert home and got the jeep dirty in The Chocolate Mountains. Going there we go through the mountains up and down a two lane twisting road. This is my first time without the front and rear track bars....what a difference! I thought driving down the winding roads would be a little nerve wracking, but it actually handled the curves better without the bars. With the bars there is no body lean, it's jarring! Without the bars I could accelerate through the turns, the jeep rear end would drop and I could power through the turn. I grew up in the mountains and I love driving winding roads (my wife hates it) and my jeep handles the curves much better without the bars, not to mention how much better it rides on the hwy and off road.
Yup, i daily drive mine without track bars or sway bar. I wouldn't drive it any other way!
ashland82391 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2013, 06:24 PM   #848
Siva283
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashland82391 View Post

Yup, i daily drive mine without track bars or sway bar. I wouldn't drive it any other way!
Me too

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using JeepForum

[QUOTE=Magnum;14117863] I gave the Jeep the required offering of $$, sweat, and blood, and everything works fine now. -- Jim[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ldso;16498409]. It started with a $200 axle, and a few thousand dollars later I was done :)[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Luuca;16122017]diagnose the real issue before you start going all Obama on it - spending mad cash you'll need for other important things.

Ask me how I know...[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Overhead;17658665]this is also my second set of RC springs this year. I'd rather spend the money again and get something that will last.[/QUOTE]
Siva283 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2013, 06:55 PM   #849
rtillery34
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Sure makes a world of difference with them off! She's my daily driver and haven't noticed any handling issues just pure comfort! Lol
rtillery34 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2013, 07:02 PM   #850
Yankee-Juliet
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I have heard that removing the track bars puts more of the Jeeps weight on the springs and causes them to sag sooner. Any truth to this or is it complete hokum.

"Dog-gone it Roy-Jean, how many times do I have to explain it to ya, when I tell ya to put a rock under the wheel, I MEAN A ROCK!!" ~ C.W. McCall
Yankee-Juliet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2013, 07:05 PM   #851
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee-Juliet View Post
I have heard that removing the track bars puts more of the Jeeps weight on the springs and causes them to sag sooner. Any truth to this or is it complete hokum.
Complete non sense lol all a track bar is for is to keep the body on top of the springs which is helpful when having coils but useless with leafs.
ashland82391 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2013, 07:52 PM   #852
heyvern
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Mine has 2.5" Zone lift, no track bars or sway bar, no problem. It is my DD about 64 miles daily for work.
heyvern is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2013, 08:08 PM   #853
Chrisnvegas
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

The track bars are made of some decent tube stock. Throw them on the metal pile behind the garage for future projects.
Unread 04-15-2013, 08:17 PM   #854
Gage56
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siva283 View Post
Me too

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using JeepForum

And Me As Well

White Jeep Club #302

My Resto/Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/my-official-build-thread-1992-yj-emma-1494420/

Another YJ Resto
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/p...81/?highlight=

Sun Visor Fix How To
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/s...x-how-1607617/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom95YJ View Post
This is a prime example why people should be give a IQ test before they are allowed to Vote or Breed.
Gage56 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2013, 08:20 PM   #855
Reno72
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisnvegas View Post
The track bars are made of some decent tube stock. Throw them on the metal pile behind the garage for future projects.
Good point, that is some heavy metal. This forum has been such a help on my build. I'm trying things I never would have thought of. My only complaint is all the great ideas on here are costing me money....at least removing the bars was free!
Reno72 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
bars , remove , steering , sway bar , trac bar , trac-bar , track , track bar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.