Front track/sway bar removal pics(repetitive/redundant questions merged here as well) - Page 51 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Front track/sway bar removal pics(repetitive/redundant questions merged here as well)

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 04-19-2013, 03:55 AM   #751
diaz425
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I used yjames idea. I had taken off the rear a month ago and it rode nice. Now that both are off it almost rides like a cady

diaz425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2013, 01:02 PM   #752
Sungard
1995 YJ Wrangler 

same as above...did remove the front today after I removed the rear 6 months back.....and to tell you all honestly 'what a difference' I feel really happy with my DD's ride.

HuRrAy!
'95 YJ, 4.0,(4:10)RE 2.5"+1"BL & 5/8 MORE Booms OME Shocks
'04 WJ, 4.7HO, Overland, Kolak 2" BB-DD
Sungard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2013, 07:15 AM   #753
jaycal3
1993 YJ Wrangler 

So I finally bit the bullet after almost knocking the fillings out of my teeth over bumps and took a sawzall to my Track bars this weekend... I wanted to get them off the right way in case I had to put them back on but that damn Torx.... so sawzall it was! I can honestly say, I am pissed at myself for the last year of kidney busting rides... Its still a jeep and not smooth by any means but I will say there is a night and day drastic difference between running with and without track bars. I am glad I did it and even after almost an hour on the highway at 65-70 MPH I am glad... The Jeep does not wander and is not squirrely at all. Sawzall those puppies off!!!

KCCO
jaycal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2013, 09:35 PM   #754
iCoors
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I took mu trac bar off today was it the right idea

I have been reading and I thought that it was the right thing I do. I have a 94 yj of course and it has the 4cyl. I don't need the trac bar correct?
iCoors is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2013, 09:37 PM   #755
iCoors
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Sorry for spelling this phone auto corrects weird...
Unread 05-04-2013, 09:40 PM   #756
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Take it for a drive and see if you can find the pros and cons.
Unread 05-04-2013, 09:47 PM   #757
102joe
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I run with no front . I pulled the rear and it scared me The bushings are so warn out on the rear now I am thinking of trying to go with out it again cus I'm to cheep to replace them .

NO REALY ,, IT IS HIP TO BE SQUAIR
102joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2013, 09:51 PM   #758
JohnnyZJ
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Show me another leaf sprung rig that has a track bar in the rear, only YJs do . Truckshave been built for century without them and they are all fine something else in your rear end is screwed
13' GMC Sierra ~ 2.5" lift 33" MTs.
RIP 95 ZJ ~ 33s built/longarmed/locked/awesome Feb 2014 ZJOTM winner
JohnnyZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2013, 09:51 PM   #759
iCoors
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Hopefully I will have everything back together tomorrow and the only thing I'm really worried about is the transmission. It has been grinding and not lettin me get into gears. Drained it today and bleeding tomorrow.
Unread 05-04-2013, 10:10 PM   #760
RIPNBST
2004 WJ 

How much street driving does the vehicle do? If its primarily a trail rig then I say leave it off. Two of my buddies pulled their sway bars off and since they get trailered to wherever we go its no big deal.
RIPNBST is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2013, 10:21 PM   #761
102joe
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyZJ View Post
Show me another leaf sprung rig that has a track bar in the rear, only YJs do . Truckshave been built for century without them and they are all fine something else in your rear end is screwed
I get your point any ides what my be screwed , I run polyurethane bushings , Shackles W/ a center support ,Sprung under . So your right it shouldn't sway but it does .
I may pull it tomorrow to see if its as bad as I remember . its ben a few years .
Sorry Coors not trying to steel your thread

Unread 05-04-2013, 10:26 PM   #762
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Stop by my shop next time yore in the valley, I will be sure to take a look at it for you.
Unread 05-04-2013, 10:28 PM   #763
iCoors
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 102joe

I get your point any ides what my be screwed , I run polyurethane bushings , Shackles W/ a center support ,Sprung under . So your right it shouldn't sway but it does .
I may pull it tomorrow to see if its as bad as I remember . its ben a few years .
Sorry Coors not trying to steel your thread
You ain't stealing my thread. I won't be really taking it off roading a ton just cruising really on the main roads. So should I put it back on?
Unread 05-04-2013, 10:30 PM   #764
102joe
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
Stop by my shop next time yore in the valley, I will be sure to take a look at it for you.
Thanks Ill do that ,

Damit Sorry again Coors

Unread 05-04-2013, 10:31 PM   #765
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCoors View Post
You ain't stealing my thread. I won't be really taking it off roading a ton just cruising really on the main roads. So should I put it back on?
No. I ran my YJ with no trackbars no sway bar....never had a problem, whether crawling on the trail or doing 75 on the hwy.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bars , remove , steering , sway bar , trac bar , trac-bar , track , track bar

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.