Front track/sway bar removal pics(repetitive/redundant questions merged here as well) - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Front track/sway bar removal pics(repetitive/redundant questions merged here as well)

BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!XJ Rail Sale!

Unread 04-05-2007, 10:46 PM   #46
95builtjeep
1995 YJ Wrangler 

if you remove that trackbar the rear will flex like it should. just an idea. i haven't had trackbars on my jeep in 2 years, and i can't even tell much of a difference, especially with sturdier heavier duty springs like you're running.

95builtjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2007, 06:38 AM   #47
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72cj5er
Mine has extensions attached to the axle, about a 3" steel part that raises the lower bar mount, thing get loose all the time. Ill try and get a pic tommorow for clarity.
You mean like these POS?
Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2007, 08:09 AM   #48
jazzplr
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dillard
You mean like these POS?
Joe, I am honored to have your famous picture on my thread! I am very pleased with the results with the rear removed. I plan on doing the front this weekend. Is it normal to gain about an inch more lift with the bar removed? The back looks about an inch higher than the front now.
Unread 04-06-2007, 01:24 PM   #49
95builtjeep
1995 YJ Wrangler 

a trashcan is the best place for those tracbars. the only reason they were put in jeeps was because people forgot how to drive. cjs didn't have them at all. if you run the swaybar (which i would recommend for any street use), i would use quick disconnects. its worth the money.
95builtjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2008, 02:07 PM   #50
bigforeman500
1987 YJ Wrangler 

tracbar help

hey guys, i got a 87 yj wrangler w/about 10" of lift, 39.5 tires, and i am missing the riser bracket that connects to the axle tube and the tracbar, any help with this would be great, the guy gave me a piece of steel to weld to the bracket on the axle tube, but i would like to it right, thanks
bigforeman500 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2008, 02:50 PM   #51
SimonTuffGuy
[I'm That Good]

In the rear? It's been said, many, many of times that the rear track bar is useless.
Unread 10-09-2008, 03:04 PM   #52
jgillespie
1991 YJ Wrangler 

X2. im not so sure how well the trac bar would hold up to that caliber of tires. not to mention the axles you must be running!

Originally posted by Crazyquadder:
Quote:
a 6 foot puddle is approx half way up my doors
jgillespie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2008, 04:23 PM   #53
bigforeman500
1987 YJ Wrangler 

tracbar help

it's on the front, the guy i got it from had a bunch of pieces missing from the tracbar and the sway bars, just trying to find the pieces to put it together, first jeep i've owned, been a old ford fan, but so far i am happy with the jeep
bigforeman500 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2008, 04:25 PM   #54
ZeroGravity
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Do you have any pictures?

Like of the Jeep itself =P
The U.S. Army vaguely envisioned something bigger than a motorcycle, smaller than a truck, and undaunted by the most difficult terrain.
ZeroGravity is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2008, 04:49 PM   #55
jgillespie
1991 YJ Wrangler 

in a leaf-sprung vehicle, or at least in the YJ, it is not even needed to have a trac bar. the springs themselves are all needed to keep the axle in place. if you want, repair it and put it back on. but if you want the maximize your spring articulation, then take it and the sway bar off.

X2 on the pictures of the jeep!

Originally posted by Crazyquadder:
Quote:
a 6 foot puddle is approx half way up my doors
jgillespie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2008, 04:51 PM   #56
Mean Max
Don't poke the bear

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgillespie88 View Post
in a leaf-sprung vehicle, or at least in the YJ, it is not even needed to have a trac bar. the springs themselves are all needed to keep the axle in place. if you want, repair it and put it back on. but if you want the maximize your spring articulation, then take it and the sway bar off.

X2 on the pictures of the jeep!
Ditto 10char

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimatE View Post
Max has a picture of every Jeep part ever made.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benderff View Post
No one here knows what they are talking about. You should try Pirate 4x4 they will be happy to help you.

There is no situation that cannot be improved with a small but well-placed explosive.
Mean Max is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2008, 07:23 PM   #57
wildchild
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Been runnin mine without the tracbar and the sway bar for a long time. But you better make sure your spring bushings are good and stiff or you will get kick in the rear usually when you shift gears goung down the road. I think when I do my axle swap I am going to make solid bushings for the rear springs.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2008, 07:24 PM   #58
pasinbuy
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonTuffGuy View Post
In the rear? It's been said, many, many of times that the rear track bar is useless.
I do not know on this one 10" lift and 39" tires. I think I would use track bars on the street for this one.

Let's see a pic of this monster.
pasinbuy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2008, 07:27 PM   #59
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Here's the profile pic...

but we need a bigger one.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2008, 08:22 PM   #60
sam.b.
1998 TJ Wrangler 

wow 39s on a dana 30 and i assume a dana 35

you should video the rear end everywhere you go even if its to the local mcdonalds it would be cool to watch

btw i see no body lift im impressed
www.kifourwheelers.com << Louisville Ky. based 4x4 club
sam.b. is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
bars , remove , steering , sway bar , trac bar , trac-bar , track , track bar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.