Front track/sway bar removal pics(repetitive/redundant questions merged here as well) - Page 19 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Front track/sway bar removal pics(repetitive/redundant questions merged here as well)

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 03-21-2012, 12:58 AM   #271
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherokeeTamer View Post
no no no no no don't even try. the track bar keeps your axle centered under the jeep. without your track bar and your jeep on a lift turning your steering wheel will shift your entire axle back and forth.

Its just one of those things you don't leave the house without. You'll just end up hitting something right off the bat.
He's right, as soon as you remove the trackbar the fuel rail will arc on the battery, killing you and all the kittens in a ten mile radius.

Unread 03-21-2012, 01:23 AM   #272
codymiguel
1987 YJ Wrangler 

hell.. I just got the rear done so far.. it is a 4in lift so i need a rear one for sure. So am i going to need a front one as well ? This is why i asked like 5 times on here what i needed for this lift.
codymiguel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2012, 01:27 AM   #273
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by codymiguel View Post
hell.. I just got the rear done so far.. it is a 4in lift so i need a rear one for sure. So am i going to need a front one as well ? This is why i asked like 5 times on here what i needed for this lift.
Read the thread that yours has merged into and think of the kittens!
Unread 03-21-2012, 01:35 AM   #274
codymiguel
1987 YJ Wrangler 

My friends pirate kitten is helping me with this post so I can understand saving the kittens. Guess im kinda JACKED now. Thanks. Pm me if you guys have any advise on how to fix this screw up
codymiguel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2012, 01:36 AM   #275
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

How about you throw away your track bars and carry on?
Unread 03-21-2012, 08:54 AM   #276
Xpress
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Toss them out. You don't need track bars on leaf springs. Ever.

A traction bar however is something entirely different...

-1989 Jeep Wrangler 2.5L, soon to be 5.2L
-1996 Jeep Grand Cherokar 5.2L, donor and rainy day driver
-2004 Kawasaki KLR650 sunny day driver
[QUOTE=mudsweatNgearz;21162729]Leave em off and weld an I beam on. Bumperetts just scream homo.[/QUOTE]
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the [B][I]RIGHT[/I][/B] of the people to keep and bear Arms, [B][I]SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED[/I][/B]."
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2012, 11:32 AM   #277
soonermatt
1994 YJ Wrangler 

This thread reminds of traffic cams over ice patches.

You sit and watch one oblivious person after another get in the same wreck.

"Oh this guy still has track bars? Let me enlighten him."

"Idiot talks about OEM and how it *feels* dangerous; ignores thousands of pages"

Rage ensues.

Rinse and repeat.
soonermatt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2012, 01:56 PM   #278
seanhemp718
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I run both track bars with new bushings and scraped the sway bar after I lifted it and she is solid at 75on the highway. Perfect to go straight on the beach right off the highway
seanhemp718 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2012, 02:31 PM   #279
MukYJ
Pronounced "Mucky J"

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
He's right, as soon as you remove the trackbar the fuel rail will arc on the battery, killing you and all the kittens in a ten mile radius.
ROFL!

I've had my track bars off for a couple years now, but still have my sway bar with disconnects. My favorite part about not having track bars is when I hit a dip in the road and the suspension moves in a predictable straight up-and-down motion, instead of lurching to one side like a drunken bum.

Quote:
MukYJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2012, 03:20 PM   #280
Sprungover

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanhemp718 View Post
I run both track bars with new bushings and scraped the sway bar after I lifted it and she is solid at 75on the highway. Perfect to go straight on the beach right off the highway
Why would you dump the sway bar yet keep the trac bars? You should exactly the opposite.
Sprungover is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2012, 03:40 PM   #281
broken-wrangler
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Maybe I have missed it. But what is the reason for removing the front trac bar. Everyone says its awesome, but what makes it awesome?
Unread 03-21-2012, 03:49 PM   #282
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by broken-wrangler View Post
Maybe I have missed it. But what is the reason for removing the front trac bar. Everyone says its awesome, but what makes it awesome?
So your suspension can do this

Edit: Yay I made it into someone's signature!!!
Unread 03-21-2012, 04:56 PM   #283
Rynfw100
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Nice Leak

But to say the same thing everyone else has, the Track Bar is supposed to keep your axle centered, but with Leaf springs, it is a useless piece of crap. When you do a suspension lift, you're moving the axle, thus changing the geometry of the Track bar, causing a rough ride, unless (re)moved.

Sway bars keep your axle from "swaying" while driving. Leaf springs will keep the axle centered as well. It also limits articulation when connected to the U-bolt plate on the bottom of the leaves (Or top, depends).

Personally, I don't run either, and she drives as straight as a vehicle with over-sized tires will go. Also to add in, my teeth don't rattle while driving it anymore.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/1993-2-5l-jeep-wrangler-build-5-2l-swap-1210512
Rynfw100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2012, 05:03 PM   #284
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rynfw100 View Post
Nice Leak
It was from a hydraulic hose on a tractor that blew. I would love to say the jeep has that much oil in it at one time.
Unread 03-21-2012, 05:46 PM   #285
hdfxrs91
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I had ditched the rear track bar a few years ago and never got around to the front, even after a 1.5" lift. I then put on a set of shackles from VACJ5 and noticed it sat funny, so I disconnected the front. Wish I had done that earlier. Ride is much better now. One thing I noticed, though, is that the steering wheel is not centered now. I think the track bar hid that from me somehow.
hdfxrs91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
bars , remove , steering , sway bar , trac bar , trac-bar , track , track bar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.