Front track/sway bar removal pics(repetitive/redundant questions merged here as well) - Page 11 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Front track/sway bar removal pics(repetitive/redundant questions merged here as well)

Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 03-12-2012, 08:49 PM   #151
soonermatt
1994 YJ Wrangler 

You're right about that thread being dead. Might as well start it up again. Here's my take on it...

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f7/ad...-94-a-1248217/

soonermatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2012, 08:56 PM   #152
Mean Max
Don't poke the bear

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G30SFF250

I knew I saved that pic for a reason.
Joe Dillard's blue garbage can!

Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimatE View Post
Max has a picture of every Jeep part ever made.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benderff View Post
No one here knows what they are talking about. You should try Pirate 4x4 they will be happy to help you.

There is no situation that cannot be improved with a small but well-placed explosive.
Mean Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2012, 09:18 PM   #153
heefageLA
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Check this thread out.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/s...ation-1335330/

All my track bar did for me was cause damage.
Notice where my track bar and drag link colide in the first pic.
heefageLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2012, 09:39 PM   #154
jdeere_man
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I read these threads and ended up taking both my trac bars out and the sway bar out. It rides way better now. It probably leans a little on corners more than it did, but don't drive it like a race car. I have no complaints about not having them and have no plans to reinstall them.
jdeere_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2012, 09:58 PM   #155
jfinlaw
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I read your thread on the bent drag link.... Thats one thing I haven't paid ANY attention to, as to where my steering components sit in relation to everything else...

I'll be removing the track bar, but after reading that thread, makes me think I may need to beef up my steering to....

I haven't paid enough attention to see how it's set up now, with a drop Pittman or what.... Guess I'll have to look tomorrow when I'm taking the track bar off...
[SIZE="2"]Green Jeep Club #633[/SIZE]

[QUOTE=Motorcharge;13870204]You had me at bacon wrapped. :drool:[/QUOTE]
jfinlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2012, 05:43 AM   #156
heefageLA
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I read your thread on the bent drag link.... Thats one thing I haven't paid ANY attention to, as to where my steering components sit in relation to everything else...
I didnt really pay attention to them either until i bent the drag link.
And after nosing around down there for a few minutes i realized i already have a 3'' drop in my pitman arm.

Quote:
I'll be removing the track bar, but after reading that thread, makes me think I may need to beef up my steering to....
I went with RuffStuff's 7/8'' heim kit.
It hasent arrived yet, but when it does ill shoot you some pics and document the install.
heefageLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2012, 07:09 PM   #157
jfinlaw
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Ditched the front track bar, sway bar and rear track bar now, feels like a whole different vehicle, no regrets! I like it even more now!
[SIZE="2"]Green Jeep Club #633[/SIZE]

[QUOTE=Motorcharge;13870204]You had me at bacon wrapped. :drool:[/QUOTE]
jfinlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2012, 10:33 PM   #158
benmar2000
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I haven't driven with a rear track bar for 9 years.. When I did my Ford 8.8 swap, I noticed it didn't have a place to put the track bar back in.. And I didn't feel like welding one on.. So I just chunked it.. After reading this, I will ditch the fron when I do my lift.. But I will keep the sway bar and just some longer disconnects..
benmar2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2012, 08:30 AM   #159
sdotcarter
1995 YJ Wrangler 

When i dumped by track bars and sway bar i quickly realized i needed new shocks. Replaced those with a new stearing stabilizer. Spent 200 miles on the highways yesterday with a canoe on top and it drives fine. But for safety issues i will be putting my sway bar back on. Started the homemade quick discos just waiting to find someone in my area to do a couple of welds for me. (Any mass peeps interested, the fish arent biting out on the swift river (amherst area) this week.)
sdotcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2012, 09:55 AM   #160
Sprungover

leave the sway bar. The trac bars do nothing in a leaf sprung rig and were put on as an overeaction to back press the CJs got for being tipsy. Same reason the YJ was lower than the stock CJ as well.
Sprungover is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2012, 11:49 PM   #161
codymiguel
1987 YJ Wrangler 

How important is a track bar,

got a issue with my track bars on my YJ after i got my lift on. Any chance I can get away with getting it 45 min's away without them ?
codymiguel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2012, 11:55 PM   #162
CherokeeTamer
1991 XJ Cherokee 

no no no no no don't even try. the track bar keeps your axle centered under the jeep. without your track bar and your jeep on a lift turning your steering wheel will shift your entire axle back and forth.

Its just one of those things you don't leave the house without. You'll just end up hitting something right off the bat.
CherokeeTamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2012, 11:58 PM   #163
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherokeeTamer View Post
no no no no no don't even try. the track bar keeps your axle centered under the jeep. without your track bar and your jeep on a lift turning your steering wheel will shift your entire axle back and forth.

Its just one of those things you don't leave the house without. You'll just end up hitting something right off the bat.
He's right, as soon as you remove the trackbar the fuel rail will arc on the battery, killing you and all the kittens in a ten mile radius.
Unread 03-21-2012, 12:23 AM   #164
codymiguel
1987 YJ Wrangler 

hell.. I just got the rear done so far.. it is a 4in lift so i need a rear one for sure. So am i going to need a front one as well ? This is why i asked like 5 times on here what i needed for this lift.
codymiguel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2012, 12:27 AM   #165
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by codymiguel View Post
hell.. I just got the rear done so far.. it is a 4in lift so i need a rear one for sure. So am i going to need a front one as well ? This is why i asked like 5 times on here what i needed for this lift.
Read the thread that yours has merged into and think of the kittens!

Tags
bars , remove , steering , sway bar , trac bar , trac-bar , track , track bar

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.